Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) MinnKota Fortrex trolling motors (Read 3294 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Re: MinnKota Fortrex trolling motors
Reply #15 - 04/13/09 at 03:35:57
Quote Print Post  
I bought the Fortrex 101 lb, 36 volt, 62" shaft, finally got it mounted and wired and used it for the first time at Silver Lake on Saturday.

I love that motor!     Kiss

I have always been frustrated with my 82 lb Motorguide electric steer. This motor is a whole new world for me.

For the first time, I was able to direct my Lund (which sits up pretty high in the water compared to a bass boat and acts like sail in wind) where I wanted, even around docks and other obstacles in the wind.  It is quiet and smooth and powerful. All as billed.  The new one-piece arm is solid as a rock.

If you are thinking about upgrading to one of these, I fully recommend making the move.  Since we spend 90% or so of our time on the water using the trolling motor, the new motor has really changed my enjoyment of my boat.  I no longer have to fight with and worry about my trollling motor all day.  Priceless...

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo