Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 2009 Freeze Your bASS Blast (Read 4268 times)
Brian
Ex Member

2009 Freeze Your bASS Blast
01/29/09 at 14:32:57
Quote Print Post  
The 2009 Freeze Your bASS Blast is February 21
Place: Lake Sammamish
3 Fish Limit Per Team
Payout:1000 Dollar Big Fish Option Pot-Guaranteed
80% Payout
125.00 Entry Per Team 25.00 Big Fish Option Per Team
Awesome Raffle Prizes after weigh-in!

See pictures of last years at the following link:
http://evergreenbassclub.com/wwwroot/FYBB08_PHOTOS.htm

Entry Form/Sponsors Link:
http://evergreenbassclub.com/wwwroot/FYBB2009/FYBBB2009.htm

Coffee/Donuts/Milk Provided during registration.
Hot Dogs/Clam Chowder/Chips/Pop provided FREE during weigh-in.
This is a very fun tournament to start the year off with.

Oh, did I say great raffle prizes.....
Hope to see some Western Guys out there....

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: 2009 Freeze Your bASS Blast
Reply #1 - 01/30/09 at 18:42:50
Quote Print Post  
I'll wait for spring  Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/09 at 00:23:45
Quote Print Post  
With ya on this one Russ, too many killed fish.  Not enuf good water to fish on Sammamish.  The topper is lowering the 5 bass limit to 3.  What's up with that??????   Now if they held this event of Washington. Different story... Plenty of good winter spots holding fish, and lots of fish.  Not everyone fighting over the same few spots.  And a decent chance of someone getting a 5+ lb fish.  Come on Potholes open.

mark

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/31/09 at 03:18:31
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there!

troy

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/01/09 at 02:18:24
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
With ya on this one Russ, too many killed fish.  Not enuf good water to fish on Sammamish.  The topper is lowering the 5 bass limit to 3.  What's up with that??????   Now if they held this event of Washington. Different story... Plenty of good winter spots holding fish, and lots of fish.  Not everyone fighting over the same few spots.  And a decent chance of someone getting a 5+ lb fish.  Come on Potholes open.

mark

Actually, the fish mortality last year was very low, but it was also a tough tournament because of the high pressure. If everyone gets a lot of limits, then we want to avoid potential for possible mortality from improper fish handling.We will give out the fizzing instructions again, with needles to all of the participants.   The 3 fish limit will also bring the field closer. There is plenty of unfished water on that lake, as I am sure of that....... Have you fished this tournament before Mark?  Well, there is a whole lake full of spots, nearly 5000 acres......It is a good time, with a great way to start off the season...fishing the tournament or not. Hope you can at least make it out for the raffle.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/01/09 at 03:27:58
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
there is a whole lake full of spots

what time should i pick you up brian.   Cheesy

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/01/09 at 19:19:03
Quote Print Post  
LMAOROTF Troy.

Uh, yeah, I have been known to fish the lake a time or two Brian.  About 25 days a year.  I just don't prefer the lake in the winter time.  It fishes small in the winter.  I prefer Washington, many more productive spots, allows people to find their own water, without having the feeling that if your not one of the first boats out, you will spend the day fishing unproductive water.  Just my opinion on this tourney.

mark

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/02/09 at 01:18:23
Quote Print Post  
I agree with Mark as well. It amazes me that a tournament would be held at that time on such a small body of water. Why waste good dollars to fish very little area and constantly racing to community holes.

Boring to say the least.

Just my .02

And yes I haved fished this also- the donuts were good.

Russ

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #8 - 02/03/09 at 01:32:12
Quote Print Post  
I would rather fish Washington but I need to learn more about Sammamish in the winter. Brian give me your GPS stuff NOW! Grin

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/03/09 at 01:37:23
Quote Print Post  
I think that there are a lot of other guys that you would much rather have their GPS stuff than mine.....I am slowly mapping the lake with the sidefinder though......(Washington that is).

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #10 - 02/03/09 at 09:06:24
Quote Print Post  
I will say that I actually hooked 2 fish Sunday on Sammamish. I didn't get them to the top but at least I know there's fish in there. Winter time is tough on that lake.

Troy and I spent time out there Sunday and I found a couple of new spots for the tourny in a couple of weeks. The second fish was a hog but only got it half way up before it came off. That's ok I want to save the big fish for the tourny anyway!

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - 02/03/09 at 20:13:17
Quote Print Post  
Water color was the worst I have seen it this time of the year. If the water color gets back to normal by the tourney it should be on fire. I ended up with one that was about 4lbs and a few decent bites. It will get better as the month goes on if not you cant beat free donuts!

Thayne

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #12 - 02/04/09 at 01:39:09
Quote Print Post  
Thayne you are correct on the water. I told you I did not even know my camera was on the bottom. Kept letting out line and didn't realize it was already down. Had to turn the light on to even see a foot.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/04/09 at 04:22:48
Quote Print Post  
i too tried to camera in hopes that the water would be cleaner near the bottom.  big failure!  if your only gonna catch one it aint bad if its a four pounder thats for sure. 

troy

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/21/09 at 04:38:49
Quote Print Post  
What time is the weigh-in - and can anybody enter the raffle?

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo