Normal Topic Bigfoot Campers - Great Deals (Read 2825 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Bigfoot Campers - Great Deals
01/12/09 at 01:04:41
Quote Print Post  
For any of you that would like to own a Bigfoot Camper - this is the time.

Bigfoot has gone out of business ( http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=638... ) and the local dealers are liquidating their inventories at very low prices.

We went to the Tacoma Dome RV show today to see if it might be worth upgrading from our 1500 to a 2500.  Apache, the Bigfoot dealer in Tacoma, has lots of new 2008 models for prices that haven't been this low for 5 years or so (http://apachecamping.com/used.php )  There is no manufacturer's warranty on these, so the body and frames, etc. aren't covered, but they are such high quality that they would likely go past the normal 1-year warranty without problems, anyway.

We still owe too much on ours vs. the trade-in that we can get that it isn't worth it to us to upgrade models - we are still very happy with ours. We'd have to sell it and then o back in and buy one to get the value it is worth.

But, if you are looking to get into one, I'd recommend checking on what kind of deal they will give you.  The salesman at the RV show said that Apache has a 2006 used 1500 (similiar to ours) on their lot that they are asking about $16000 for.  If I was looking for my first camper, I would be all over it.

Stu

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Bigfoot Campers - Great Deals
Reply #1 - 01/12/09 at 15:36:59
Quote Print Post  
The Big Foot is a good camper, just not made for tall people. It was sad to see the bank pull the plug on them but thats the times we are in. $16K is a steal even though there is no warranty. If you have problems and are handy with tools I would say go for it. I would have bought one of these units if the ceiling were about two inches higher.

Russ

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 01/15/09 at 18:04:28
Quote Print Post  
I think this camper might be more in my price range now days. Grin

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/15/09 at 22:25:38
Quote Print Post  
Jon,

I think you would have to sleep standing up in that one.

Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/17/09 at 03:00:39
Quote Print Post  
The Beverly HillBillly's Oregon Model......... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo