Normal Topic Looking for some help here........ (Read 1635 times)
Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Looking for some help here........
01/05/09 at 18:29:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys and gals,
                          I hope you all had a great holiday. I am looking to see if anyone out there can help me. I am going to Ohio and Michigan in June. Well I thought that being that close to lake Erie and not booking some time for some world class smallie fishing would be a sin. So I am looking to find a guide to take me out for a day on the big water of lake Erie. Here is my problem. I have been online trying to find a guide service. Everything I am finding seems to be more of a group charter boat thing. The big twin motors on the 30'+ boats. Thats not what I am really looking for. I just want a nice 21 foot bass boat and a guy to take me to the smallies. I seem to be having a problem finding that on line. Any suggestions? I did send an email to the Manager of a Bass Proshops store in Ohio this morning seeing if he had any suggestions. So there you have my delima. I am pooling the giant knowledge bass of this forum and looking for some direction. Thanks!

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Looking for some help here........
Reply #1 - 01/05/09 at 18:34:22
Quote Print Post  
Try looking for some clubs in that area and see if anyone would take you out for some cost of the fuel or even a guide fee.

Thayne

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 01/05/09 at 18:52:45
Quote Print Post  
Ask your question on Bass Boat Central's site.  You can find local clubs, and maybe even a guide service is a member on the message board.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 01/05/09 at 21:31:08
Quote Print Post  
FLW Outdoors has a fishing buddy locator

Here is the site: http://www.flwoutdoors.com/maps/fishingbuddy.cfm

Daryl

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/06/09 at 03:11:25
Quote Print Post  
might be a longshot here but here is the number to poor boys baits (as well as lurecraft).  people there are super helpful when ordering stuff and they make alot of baits for erie smallies.  so maybe they know of some guides up there.  couldnt hurt

Phone 260-463-2687 Or email:  kimstraley@lurecraft.com.

troy

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/13/09 at 22:04:27
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks for all the suggestions and good fishing to you all.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo