Normal Topic Thoughts to ponder (Read 1981 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Thoughts to ponder
12/08/08 at 01:05:26
Quote Print Post  
Now that winter is setting in and your fishing for those very few bites, doing Christmas shopping, or those pesky winter chores I am sure you are allready thinking about next years fishing days in the warm sun. Many thoughts come to mind at this time of year for me and those are what tactic or technique do you want to get better at. For some its getting to know the sonar unit better on your favorite bass rig, for others like myself its making the effort to get to know a lake that I don't fish much or getting to know how to work swim baits better.

Some of us make specific goals for 09. Whats your thoughts as you wait for the spring time sun and longer days to come back.

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: Thoughts to ponder
Reply #1 - 12/08/08 at 15:31:44
Quote Print Post  
RETIREING AND MOVING OUT OF SEATTLE! Grin

Smitty Wink
AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/08 at 20:34:46
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Now thats a great thought to ponder!!

Russ

IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #3 - 12/09/08 at 00:09:00
Quote Print Post  
Honestly, my focus is going to be almost solely on keeping this mortgage business rolling so that I CAN get out and fish whenever I want!  One of my goals is to have enough success that I might be able to buy a couple year old fish and ski boat for spring 2010.  Another goal would be just to catch a damn bass that weighs more than 1.5 pounds. Undecided

-Matt Clark Cheesy

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/09/08 at 01:02:36
Quote Print Post  
I'm gonna work on fishing more reaction baits. Not over do it, but i found my best tournaments this year were done when fishing reaction baits.  Also gonna buy a few new cool swimbaits that i think would do very well, and try and find situations where they could possibly yield some kicker fish.  Depending on the economy i may even start looking for a new fishin boat latter on in 09  Lips Sealed

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/09/08 at 01:10:25
Quote Print Post  
Matt/Troy

Getting the economy rolling again and maybe the interest rates lowered some more on mortgages just might help us out a little more.

Troy,

I agree with the reaction bite experiences they have caught me a lot of fish this year. I personally need to throw more crankbaits later in the year instead of just throwing them in the spring when the fish just kill these baits.

Thanks for your thoughts to ponder.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #6 - 12/09/08 at 04:41:16
Quote Print Post  
The year isn't over yet, I still need to catch my first December bass, then when the new year do arrive I'll be hungry for me first January bass.  I'll continue to learn by participating in all fish-ins, club tourneys as the time and funds allow.  Looking forward to fishing lakes I haven't fished.  Still have much to learn about my Lowrance.  Got to learn to listen to the fish, seems I need to learn when to change locations and/or techniques.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/09/08 at 13:22:05
Quote Print Post  
I am going to get set up to start pouring my own jig heads, complete with paint shop!  That is my goal for this winter.  Keep me busy during those cold ellensburg winter days, though lately, seems I could launch the boat and catch a fish on Banks.  Not much different than the frostbite. 

Merry Christmas, y'all...... Smiley

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #8 - 12/10/08 at 03:20:47
Quote Print Post  
Kirk

I was considering going over there for a few days in late December. I have vacationn scheduled and nothing planned. So I might make a trip to Banks.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo