Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Home/Garage Burglary (Read 3015 times)
Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Home/Garage Burglary
12/01/08 at 07:16:32
Quote Print Post  
BURGLARY...... Angry Angry Angry

Well, Friday afternnoon I left at 1:23pm to go visit a friend in Silverdale.  My wife comes home at 4:00pm and calls me frantic and asks if I left the garage door open.  After I immediately headed home, she called 911, our neighbor showed up with guns in hand and we discovered in the 2.5 hours, someone had used a pipe wrench, crowbar and kicked in my garage personnel door, removed the locks from my garage roll up and STOLE my power washer, chain saw and case, Brand new still in the box Rigid Lazer Radial saw, New saw blade set and my new craftsman mig welder and stand.  They left my brand new nailer kit with pump and three guns, and my generator, but we figured they were probably coming back since they left the door open about 1 foot at the bottom.  They got one finger print off the door handle, and they looked at my safes but couldn't get into those.  

So NOW, I'm adding my separate garage to my home burglar system, and spent all weekend beefing up doors, window locks, loaded ALL OF MY GUNS........ etc.

So if you hear of any of the above being offered for sale, take a good look.  Suspect it was drug addicts and probably METH users.  Out here in Pierce County (Key Peninsula area) they are still around and a pretty big problem still.  

GOOD News......They didn't touch one rod or reel, any fishing gear, etc.....Must be trout fishermen.....and they new it was all BASS GEAR.....Thank God.....I don't think my insurance will even begin to cover my fishing gear.  NEXT:  Increase or buy additional insurance to cover my fishing gear......

Take care,

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Home/Garage Burglary
Reply #1 - 12/01/08 at 15:12:33
Quote Print Post  
Chuck,

Man that sucks. Whats the world coming to?

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 12/01/08 at 17:04:26
Quote Print Post  
Unfortunately it will only get worse if this economy does'nt turn around....sorry to hear this happened to you all Chuck....brought back the anger I felt when my boat was stolen! Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/01/08 at 22:20:27
Quote Print Post  
Wow Glenn.. Shocked Shocked. I would hate to be brought to justice in your court...I think I might hear something like this:  "Off with his head"....You certainly aren't sugar coating anything.

Chuck- I'm very sorry to hear about this! Sad Sad...it's quite scary to think someone had the Chutzpah to do such a despicable act.  I remember a time when my wife and I were living at a rental home when we first got married.  We had just went to bed when my I noticed a flashlight just outside our bedroom window.  Next thing I know, there's an intruder trying to pry his way through my window....man was I scared... I didn't know what to think.  There were a million things going through my mind.  The one thing I do remember was Fear!!!  My fear was primarily due to the unbelief of what was actually happening at the time....that someone would have the balls to come right through my bedroom window with no regard of what might be on the other side....like a shotgun or pistol.   Someone that deseperate or wreckless is a real danger...they obviously aren't of sound mind.

Fortunately, my wife and I turned on the light just before the person entered the room which must have scared him off.  I'm really glad i'm a light sleeper or things might have turned out a lot differently.   Shocked
I will say one thing....King County Police response was awesome...they showed up at my house in 5 minutes-pretty amazing since I lived in a relatively rural area at the time.

I hope they catch these punks Chuck...it sounds like you're doing all the right things securing everything.

Bob

IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #4 - 12/01/08 at 22:24:05
Quote Print Post  
Better check craigslist regularly for the stolen stuff...sorry to hear about the incident!

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/02/08 at 03:55:55
Quote Print Post  
Wife has agreed to take concealed weapon class and I'll get her to the range.  Garage is now protected and I've added an exterior Siren.  Neighbor is also now watching home since he is a retired cop and Marine Sniper.  Fenced gate going up by Christmas, until then, HUGE chain across Drive Way.

PRICELESS.......My aim on there body when I load em up with my Glock .40 S&W when I catch their sorry butts.......I'm still ticked. 

Bright side still....No loss of fishing gear.........Increased insurance amounts also.  Found out that my fishing gear would only be covered up to about $500.00, definately not even close, so riders are on order for that a a few other item.  You really find out what you don't have, but thank goodness I didn't need it this time.

Thanks for all of the support.

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 12/02/08 at 13:28:39
Quote Print Post  
I'll be on your jury Glenn.  Just send the guilty suckers in for their trial!  Time to start thinning the herd. Angry

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #7 - 12/02/08 at 15:43:21
Quote Print Post  
I know a couple of deep spots in a dark stained lake...... Roll Eyes  (what? there having a sale on peer blocks? Exellent!! Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/02/08 at 18:51:16
Quote Print Post  
I think you are right about it being drug users.  One out of every 10 people who experiment with them are genetically inclined to be addicted.  Soon their life becomes consumed with getting the next hit.  It literally "possesses" them.  It is no longer a choice - the drugs run their life.  They didn't mean for it to happen, they hate every minute of their downward spiral, and their shame just adds to the need to escape through drugs.  It's an ugly circle that takes them down, down, down.  But if you have ever sat down and asked a drug user if the threat of getting shot would deter them from getting the money to buy their next hit - they would say no.

I know the pain of having someone invade your personal space and steal from you.  My first emotion was outrage.  But then I remember that those of us (the lucky 9 out of 10) who experimented with alcohol and drugs and never got addicted, need to count our blessings.  If that someone addicted was your brother, or sister, or child, or someone you loved - would you want their head blown off before they had a chance to reach "the end of their rope" and get a chance to turn their life around?  

There is no doubt, they need to get caught.  They need to go to jail.  They need to learn that there are consequences to every act. Unfortunately they need to "crash and burn" before they awaken to the fact that they have no control over their life, and need to go for help.  (Ask any 12 Step member)  A transformed heart won't happen until they crash and burn.  But some of the best people I know today, once lived on the streets, begged, and stole to keep their addiction fed.  Today they are making the world a better place to live.  I'm glad they found someone with love in their heart, and not a gun in their hand.

Chuck - count your blessings.  They were only things taken.  (Most of the world doesn't even have "things" to be stolen.  By the world's standards you are a rich man.)  Still, you are right to be sad about the brokenness of this world.  And I agree that you have the right to defend yourself if someone threatens the life of you or your family.  But thankfully they didn't threaten your life, they just stole some "things".  Things can be replaced.  Loved ones can't.  So give thanks for that blessing!

And when your anger subsides, take some time to pray for that poor soul that broke in.  They are living in a personal hell, consumed by drugs and absorbed in self.  A bullet isn't what they need.  The only thing that changes a heart is love.  Tough love, but love never-the-less.  Prayer and a helping hand (during, and after they get out of prison), is better than a bullet.  Well, that's one opinion.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #9 - 12/04/08 at 00:40:46
Quote Print Post  
Chuck sorry to hear about it. At least you know the difference between Burglary and Robbery. My neighbors had a similar situation. But they have put up signs all over the place saying "Careful people on this road are being Robbed" And who ever said it's going to get worse hit the nail on the head. The economy is hurting everybody, even the Meth Man (Joe SHI& the rag man)

Now there's a big difference between Burglary and being Robbed.

Hope they catch them!

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/04/08 at 02:05:58
Quote Print Post  
Rev, your probably right.  After the madness leaves, they do need help, just not at my expense.  But I also like an "EYE FOR AN EYE"..........except I will not turn my cheek a second time.  HA HA HA.....

Dark hole in a Lake?  I've got five deep acres............ Anyway...the family is safe, the puppies are safe, and I'll get over it......MAYBE?

On to another saga now.  Thanks to all.  Enjoy the fishing......

Chuck P

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo