Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fish-in Help.... (Read 13909 times)
Troy
Ex Member

Re: Fish-in Help....
Reply #30 - 12/06/08 at 03:52:25
Quote Print Post  
thats where im launching.  i'll see you folks at the launch.  here is fesh  Cheesy from late november out there (2 yrs ago) sleep well  Grin

troy

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #31 - 12/07/08 at 01:35:32
Quote Print Post  
Our day started out with a Shari's parking lot filled with bass boats and 3 tables full of hungry fishermen. The weather was great, Brian caught the only small mouth bass. Perch where caught in 50 to 60 feet of water and a couple of nice trout where caught in 44 feet of water. What a great day topped off with chili hot dogs.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 12/07/08 at 01:51:07
Quote Print Post  
well i broke my TM prop lauching and tried to fish through it.  could only use speed 1 or 2 because of vibration.  left at around 9:30ish.  bought a new one and tried for awhile to get the old one off at gijoes in steilicom.  took it home to fine a bent spindle or whatever that thing is.  water inside the housing and had to use a hammer to get the spindle straight again  Undecided.  anyway it still works but hopefully i didnt ruin the thing. 

troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #33 - 12/07/08 at 02:13:30
Quote Print Post  
That sucks Troy, gotta hate boat problems.  
Me and Susan fished depths to 50 feet without much bites.  We must not have been deep enough to find perch.  It felt like I lost one a little ways off the bottom but who knows.

Who did Matt Clark fish with, I didn't see him at the launch afterwards?  

Nightbasser, thanks for pushing my boat off the beach  !!  That was a shallow beach, easy to get stuck.  From now on I'm keeping a little push pole in the boat.
« Last Edit: 12/07/08 at 18:33:20 by Chris B. »  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #34 - 12/07/08 at 02:48:31
Quote Print Post  
Blain and I went back out after the awesome bite of chili dogs and tried for more smallies but no takers. so we spent the last 45 min of light going after perch in 55-59ft. and put a dozen plus perch in the boat between 8-10inch. It was a nice day on the lake all and all. Smiley

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 12/07/08 at 14:36:56
Quote Print Post  
Sorry I missed it, just couldn't kick this cold.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #36 - 12/07/08 at 15:22:51
Quote Print Post  
Truckn,  while this one was fun, you don't want to miss the next one at Lk Wa.  Cheesy Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - 12/07/08 at 17:30:08
Quote Print Post  
We fished the 40 to 50ft range with no takers.  I only had half the day to fish so we loaded the boat and left at Noon.  The weather report was for rain on Saturday, we lucked out and could not have had a nicer day for this time of year.

IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #38 - 12/07/08 at 19:35:22
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris,
I fished with Faz, but had to leave early for a birthday party in Kent.  I hooked the biggest fish ever and was fighting it for a couple minutes until I realized it wasn't fighting back...hooked on the bottom!  Man I felt dumb.  We didn't even get a nibble, but Faz taught me how to flip and helped me set up my baitcaster...all in all a productive day.  Not sure when the wife will let me out again with a 2 month old at home, but hopefully I'll see you all again very soon!

-Matt Clark

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #39 - 12/08/08 at 01:54:28
Quote Print Post  
Hey thanks to you all for a great time under adverse conditions for me....sleep deprivation sucks!! I went to bed at 6pm after the fish-in and slept till 0800 this am! cant wait till I start losing sleep for fishing this summer!
9 Boats and 16 abglers came out to American and even though there was just the one Bass, the weather and you folks made it a fun time!
I want to go back out there for some Perch Jerkin soon!!

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #40 - 12/08/08 at 21:32:15
Quote Print Post  
Me & Jose found Perch at 60ft was fun for a bit & I thought we could come back to them later but when we returned they had moved. Very clear lake with lot of potential for spring time bed fishing. Mostly it was just nice to get out & dust off the the boat at 55mph.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 12/09/08 at 00:33:44
Quote Print Post  
Matt, I'm sorry we weren't able to get into any fish - but glad I was able to help with the reel. I hope the pitching and flipping will come in useful next year when the water gets warmer......

Chris, that new reel is awesome, feels even nicer than my current favorite old style Accurists. Like you said, all the holes have made it considerably lighter, now I have to decide hich one of my rods gets a new reel...... spoiled for choice!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo