Normal Topic UW fisheries students needs bass from Lake WA soon (Read 1111 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

UW fisheries students needs bass from Lake WA soon
10/07/08 at 03:33:45
Quote Print Post  
Hey Everyone,
I am posting this on behalf of an undergraduate in fisheries at UW. He is in need of some help to collect bass from Lake Washington. Please consider below and contact him:

Hi my name is Andrew Richter and I am a student at the University of Washington.  I am majoring in freshwater fisheries and am doing a science experiment observing the feeding response of smallmouth bass when introduced to synthetic alarm pheromone.  I am in need of some assistance in the collection of 10-15 mid size (1-2 lb) bass on Lake Washington.  If anyone is planning on fishing the lake in the next week please let me know.  My experiment is at the UW hatchery right on Lake Washington making for easy fish transport. I am willing to compensate for the effort as well.  If you are interested in helping me or have any helpful info my phone number is (408) 656-6887 or my email is adubuw@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: UW fisheries students needs bass from Lake WA
Reply #1 - 10/07/08 at 13:31:59
Quote Print Post  
There is people everyday that catch smallies right there in the cut. I couple of individuals allways have a few on their stringers. If he was to go out, and talk to these bank fisherman he should have no problem collecting enought 1-2lb fish. Only a stones throw away also!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 10/07/08 at 15:38:11
Quote Print Post  
I would help but the majority of the SM I catch are 3-4 lbs  Undecided  LOL  Wish I really could help though.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/09/08 at 00:38:45
Quote Print Post  
Wow, what a pity... to be so limited in your fishing abilities to be stuck catching 3-4 pounders.   Wink When I was young I also settled - and allowed myself to be pigeon holed like that, but alas, maturity has empowered me to stretch myself to become multifaceted in my angling.  It takes hard work and dedication, but I now find I can catch fish of all sizes. (Including those elusive smaller fish)

Therefore I have notified the young man by email that I am available for consultation - and will purposely avoid dinks, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 pounders  Roll Eyes in order to further science by catching 1-2 pounders.  It is a heavy burden, but I will do my best to carry it well!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo