Normal Topic Frostbite and Scholarship tourneys (Read 1982 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Frostbite and Scholarship tourneys
09/28/08 at 09:46:57
Quote Print Post  
Where can I get more information on these two upcoming tournaments? I am hoping to be able to enter at least one of them.

Faz

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Re: Frostbite and Scholarship tourneys
Reply #1 - 10/09/08 at 19:10:28
Quote Print Post  
I would also like to know some details as I plan on fishing both of them.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/09/08 at 22:35:02
Quote Print Post  
The Scholarship event is at will be held at Coulee playland as usual only the date has changed to the 25th & 26th of October. There is no off limits and I think it is $100/Team.

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/10/08 at 01:14:44
Quote Print Post  
I might add that Russell and I will be there at the Scholorship and we will be happy to take all of your donations. WHo else is going to this fun event this year?

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/10/08 at 01:50:17
Quote Print Post  
The Frostbite Open is on Nov. 1 and 2.

For info, call Ken Rundel, (360) 770-0836. I don't think there is much on-line.

They have had the sign-ups beginning on Friday night at whichever motel Ken decides to stay at. The guys at Coulee Playland will know where to point you.  Entry fees with options about $130 or so per team.  

Mark M and I are fishing it again this year. Staying at the Center Lodge ( http://www.centerlodge.com/  ).

Another good option is the Trail West.  ( http://www.trailwestmotel.com/ )

These are both a block or less from the bar we went to the past two years on Friday night (Halloween).  Hoping we all go to the Mexican place again on Saturday.  Cheesy

The change from daylight saving time to standard time takes place this year at 2 a.m. on Nov. 2 (the Sunday of this 2-day tourney)! That means that we "fall back" and get an extra hour of sleep, but more importantly, it means that there is a greater potenital to mess up and miss the weigh-in! Check your times on both days and don't miss your launch or weigh-in.  

Notes on daylight saving time: From 1986 to 2006 this was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it is observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time.  

Stu

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/11/08 at 20:52:54
Quote Print Post  
They just updated the info on the scholarship tournament on the federation website.  The link now works.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/21/08 at 15:20:58
Quote Print Post  
So who is all going to the scholarship event? Cards anyone?

Russ

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/21/08 at 17:29:51
Quote Print Post  
I will be there, but I am staying at my buddies house in Bridgeport.  We are just coming up in the morning.  I have to save my hotel funds for the Frostbite Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo