Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake team tourney (Read 9515 times)
dilbert
Forum Member

Re: Silver Lake team tourney
Reply #30 - 10/13/08 at 01:00:28
Quote Print Post  
I'm waiting to hear also! Team Bonney Lake was only able to fish the first day  Cry.  We were second  after day one with Chris (2000Subaru) having the day one big fish.  Waiting to hear what happened on day two... anyone beat the big fish?  How were the day two bags?
Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #31 - 10/13/08 at 01:30:15
Quote Print Post  
Well team Weedwalker put it together one more time, and Larry and Hos'e made an exellent comeback on day 2, not just by matching the same total wieght we had but by taking big fish with a 4.10 (I think...) thus taking 1st. place, Montey and I in 2nd, and Chris and Suzie taking 3rd. Congrates again to Larry and Hos'e on 1st and to Chris and Suzie for their First Western Bass plaque. Cheesy

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #32 - 10/13/08 at 02:10:16
Quote Print Post  
congrats to all that fished good. i wish i could of been there, but had the girlfriends class reunion on saturday night and the seahawks game today.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #33 - 10/13/08 at 02:47:22
Quote Print Post  
Had a great time this weekend.  Glad to be leading day 1, that was a first  Wink  Weather was so much better than April, besides the freezing up rod guides on saturday morning.  One more dink and Susan and I would have had the victory, maybe next year. 
Glad to have gotten 3rd place at the SLIVER lake team tournament-  Not kidding look at the plaque top 3, spelt wrong  Tongue Tongue

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #34 - 10/13/08 at 04:59:01
Quote Print Post  
I just saw the plaque too Chris...all plaques should be brought to the next meeting for repairs..if unable to be there let me know so I can pick them up.
Here is the totals....
1). Team ProCraft (Larry and Jose) 12.24 lbs. 8 fish 4.50 B.F.-Tie Breaker.
2). Team Anglers (Brian and Monte) 12.24 lbs. 12 fish B.F. 2.50.
3). Team Bass Cat (Chris and Susan) 11.92 lbs. 9 fish B.F. 3.52.
4). Team Beeman (Rocky J.R. and Henry) 9.02 lbs. 12 fish B.F. 1.18.
5). Team Booth (Joel and Kegan) 8.98 lbs. 9 fish B.F. 1.46.
6). Team Krystofiak (Chris and Seth) 8.34 lbs. 6 fish B.F. 3.58.
7). Team Krein (Karl and Jeff) 7.34 lbs. 10 fish B.F. 1.52.
8). Team Triton (Daryl and Russell) 6.06 lbs. 7 fish B.F. 1.30.
9). Team Fitzgerald (Robert and Rodney) 3.70 lbs. 7 fish B.F. 1.06.
10). Team O'Day (Jack and Jesse) 3.64 lbs. 5 fish B.F. 1.22.
11). Team Randall (Mack) Solo Angler 3.44 3 fish Mechanical O.O.S.
12). Team Skeeterini (Angie and Deirdre) 2.30 lbs. 4 fish B.F. .64.
Total fish caught 92
Dead Fish=Zero!
Lake Temps..Am 51 PM 57
Ambient Temps Sat-AM 30 Sun-PM 62
12 boats
23 anglers  
« Last Edit: 10/14/08 at 04:24:26 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #35 - 10/13/08 at 16:54:57
Quote Print Post  
Good job everyone!  I wasn't sure if I'd like this whole tournament thing, but I had a blast!  It was a great fisrt tournament for me.  Next year I hope to make at least a couple of them (for both days Roll Eyes) during some of the warmer months.  I figured out how to spend my cabela's points now... I'm getting some thermals and a new warm hat. Brrrrrr...

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 10/13/08 at 17:55:52
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for a great time everyone!  I seriously had a great time.  Despite freezing my finger tips off, I enjoyed every minute of it.  Both Seth and myself were fishless until around 10am Saturday.  We started to fish the docks on the island and were getting hits, but were not able to connect with the flappin' hog.  We thought that we were on a pattern after not even getting any bites, but technically, you have to have fish in the boat for a pattern right?  The 08' Angler of the Year saw us and after hearing of our empty livewells decided to remind us to "Downsize and slow down".  Well, we went around each other and continued on the docks they had just fished, and likewise for them fishing the docks we had just been to.  The very next dock brought us 8 fish and our biggest of the day.  Who would have thought a 3" senko would be so productive.....I think that we caught upwards of 20 fish, tons of dinks, but we got to cull fish. 

Being a new member in a club, I feel gratefull to be in such friendly company.  I'm sure that it is not all clubs share advice while tourney fishing, espically to the "FNG", but you all made my membership worthwhile!  Thanks!  Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #37 - 10/13/08 at 18:35:53
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris...Jose and Myself had a similar occurance as we only had 1.34 on day one and no plan for day two when we talked to Mr. Russ (Flippin Guru) Baker at dinner and he mentioned we had a good area...(Healthy Lily Pads) but we did not fish them right....slowly with Senkos.
Having no other plan...we went to three places we never fished on day one and got three "Micro Bass" and on the third spot near Timber Point we were getting ready to leave and started noticing small Crappie jumping on lily pads as if being chased and after a couple more minutes caught a 2-1/2 pounder!
The last 1-1/2 hours we caught 9-10 fish...culling 5-6 fish and got the 4.54 fish on a four inch Bluegill Senko on 8 pound test!
Wanted so bad to keep fishing!!!! Grin
A great way to end......for me a mediocre season....(except Potholes! Wink )

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 10/13/08 at 22:35:19
Quote Print Post  
Wow, what a close one!   Having the "big" fish tie-breaker decide this tournament  must have been a real heartbreaker for Brian and Monty... but an absolute joy for Larry and Jose.   It sounded like the fishing was a little on the finicky side but many of you seemed to have figured the fish out towards the end of the tourney.   I wish I could have joined all of you but unfortunately I had to rest my ailing back.

I hope to see a lot of you guys at the Frostbite tourney in three weeks...the fishing is usually very good and the fellowship even better.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #39 - 10/14/08 at 00:43:38
Quote Print Post  
Pics  ----- >>>

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 10/14/08 at 01:57:50
Quote Print Post  
I discovered the Short Senko bite 4-5" early saturday morning throwing watermellon and then white Senko's on the pad line in 4-5 feet of water. Stuck 9-10 fish myself with Daryl sticking 2 on Senko's and one pitching a jig.

Daryl tried to force the jig bite for two days and it wasn't happening. Lesson learned always listen to what the fish are telling you. I was mostly dead sticking the Senkos twitching it every now and then and when I picked it up the fish would move it 3-4 feet.

I had a good time anyway with all those who showed and the weather was great other than the frigid temps on saturday.

Russ

IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #41 - 10/14/08 at 02:36:26
Quote Print Post  
Thank you Deirdre for still fishing with me, I know with loosing your father two weeks ago you have had a lot on your plate (to say the least). Thanks !

And…that was our best finish in any of our tournaments Wink
* * Go Team Skeetereenie * *

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #42 - 10/14/08 at 05:09:52
Quote Print Post  
I think we all can rename Silver Lake to Shiver Lake.  Lessons learned this year. 1. Cabelas Bargin Cave was a good source of Under Armor cold weather undies and lined trousers, good price in the spring after its not supposed to snow.  2. Big bass bite small lures fished real slow, as in deadstick them.  3. Fish your strength and confidence lures when you don't know a lake.  4. Take the time to learn your weakest technique.  4. The more you particapate in club activities the more you learn.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #43 - 10/16/08 at 03:45:28
Quote Print Post  
Third Place Chris and Susan

Second Place Brian and Monte

First Place Me and Jose

Big Fish-4.50 lbs

« Last Edit: 10/16/08 at 19:55:33 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo