Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Potholes Tourney (Read 8863 times)
biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Potholes Tourney
09/12/08 at 01:40:54
Quote Print Post  
The Club is staying at Lake Warden Resort. If you haven't made reservations good luck. (509) 349-9865.

Drivers meeting will be 6:15am Saturday morning at Lind Coulee boat launch.

I Told some members  the meeting time is 6:00am but after looking at the available daylight I have to push it back at least 15 minutes.

Hope to see you all there.

Phil

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Re: Potholes Tourney
Reply #1 - 09/13/08 at 18:39:46
Quote Print Post  
Is there going to be enough water on it to launch? The only reason I bring it up is because I heard the water is really low..... Didn't get a chance to pre-fish due to working out of town and a broke cable on my trolling motor. It will be all fixed up and ready for the tourney though. Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 09/14/08 at 03:22:02
Quote Print Post  
I launched at Lind Coulee today and the ramp is still in the water.  Had to back the rig quite a ways out to get her off the trailer. 
According to BOR the water has not gone down since 9-3-08.  I met a guy from Auburn Sports & Marine who told me that the water should be rising this week.  As far as the pre-fishing... not too much action for me; mostly short fish.  The low water eliminates a lot of options.  I kept a close eye on where the "old farts" were fishing and may hit a few of those spots next week.
Ray

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/14/08 at 22:02:51
Quote Print Post  
good to know ray.  oly brandon and i are staying at the state park cant wait for next weekend!

troy

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/15/08 at 14:09:37
Quote Print Post  
Fishing really stinks right now, I think the fish are is a transition period, transitioning away from my baits!  Not sure what the weather patterns might be for next week-end, but I am coming for the social aspects of tourney fishing. Cheesy

Weigh-in will require much patience at the Lind-Coulee launch.  No room to park more than one or two boats, the bay is very shallow, and if there are pleasure boaters using the ramp it will be jammed up a whole bunch.  Wonder if the state park is an option.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/15/08 at 15:52:07
Quote Print Post  
Kirks dead on on that game. Looking forward to the fellowship of getting together with the club. If catching is slow so be it just to be out fishing for those green and brown little fish is a blast.

Spent the night saturday night at Ken Kernans (Potholes Open Tourney MC) house and headed to Chelan sunday morning for some smallie action. Ken had never fished Chelan and has a club tourney there next weekend so he used my guiding services for free room and board.

No big fish to report - but saw several fish in less than 15 feet of water that were in the 4+ category.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/15/08 at 22:24:02
Quote Print Post  
im sure the temp drop forcasred mid week will encourage a "gorging" effect on the fish that inhabit potholes  Tongue

troy

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #7 - 09/15/08 at 22:38:17
Quote Print Post  
Troy

Thats what the weather does to me also. So, if you see me out on the water eating, the bite is hot and heavy.

Daryl

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #8 - 09/15/08 at 23:58:10
Quote Print Post  
WOW Daryl if that's the case we are in for a deep freeze.  Tongue

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/16/08 at 00:31:51
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

I guess we will be seeing you at the dunes with the BBQ grill, eh!!!

Get your hot dogs here, get your burgers!!!

Russ

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #10 - 09/16/08 at 00:35:16
Quote Print Post  
Russ,
Oh yeah, Ken is the guy I met when I was prefishing Potholes on Saturday.  Was he prefishing for you?  I followed him around and GPS'd all of the spots he caught fish from.  Then pumped him for information at the boat ramp at the end of the day.  He gave up a bunch of info... until I told him I was from Western Bass.  He said something about meeting you that night to prefish Chelan.
Tell him thanks for the information  Wink  Looking forward to this weekend.
Ray

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 09/16/08 at 00:40:55
Quote Print Post  
Ray,

Yeah I heard he spoke to you and filled you in on all his garbage spots Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 09/16/08 at 00:45:39
Quote Print Post  
Ooooooooohhh ..... the smack talk begins  Roll Eyes

Bob Payseno and I are planning on cleaning up with at least 22 lbs each........ how close are y'all gonna get?

Faz

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 09/16/08 at 00:50:16
Quote Print Post  
Faz,

Carp don't count!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

How about 19-25 to win it.

Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 09/16/08 at 00:51:17
Quote Print Post  
Dang it Russ, you've found out my secret..... large carp and a magic marker...... AND, a cut out stencil for the lateral line.

Faz

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo