Normal Topic WDFW proposed rule changes 09-10 (Read 1447 times)
2000subaru
Ex Member

WDFW proposed rule changes 09-10
09/10/08 at 17:45:37
Quote Print Post  
Here's the PDF of the rule changes for the 09-10 cycle. 

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/rule_proposals/sportfishing_rule_proposals_2009-10....

I saw this proposal and thought that I should let it be known...

#19. Fishing Contest Rules

Proposal: This proposal would change the date for submission of fishing contest permit applications for
the following year from November 1 of each year to July 1 of each year. The proposal would also allow
contests to last 4 consecutive days instead of 3.

Explanation: This proposal allows organizations that are scheduling bass and walleye contests in
Washington State to have enough time after the conflict resolution meeting to make any necessary
schedule adjustments and have their tournaments schedule(s) sent to the printer for publishing and
advertising. After July 1, permits will need to be submitted not less than 30 days prior to the date of the
proposed contest. The longer duration allows greater participation by bass and walleye anglers and angling
organizations.

I believe this means lakes must be chosen 4 months earlier....

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: WDFW proposed rule changes 09-10
Reply #1 - 09/10/08 at 21:40:50
Quote Print Post  
You are correct Chris.  I just found out about this at Banks Lk last weekend while talking with the ABA director.  All the major orgs have already submitted their requests.  Most of the smaller groups & clubs did not even know of the change. Tongue  Needless to say I have an even stronger feeling (if thats possible) for Steve Jackson now! Angry

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/11/08 at 02:02:16
Quote Print Post  
It seemed so simple when they used to just wait around until after the first of the year and then flop onto us on our tourney weekends at the last minute.  Huh

Stu

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 09/11/08 at 04:00:44
Quote Print Post  
If it's a proposal for 2009, wouldn't that mean it takes affect NEXT year?  Meaning, we do the November thing this year, and then do it again in July '09?

Doesn't make sense they would release the official document/rules 2 months after they're implemented.

Maybe I missed something, but the very fact it has "proposals" in the document's name, tells me it's not implemented yet.... and is subject to revision.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 09/11/08 at 13:49:27
Quote Print Post  
Proposal or not Glenn, the fact is that the ABA, NW Bass, and the TBF have already submitted their dates.  Moreover, it sounded to me as though everything was pretty well settled with S. Jackson and the little guys (individual clubs and organizations)could fight over the remaining weekends.  A lot of it was predicated upon the FLW returning to WA next year, and at what time they would be here.

Smitty Angry

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo