Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) August 30th..(Sept.) Fish-In at Kapowsin! (Read 4770 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

August 30th..(Sept.) Fish-In at Kapowsin!
08/12/08 at 22:13:51
Quote Print Post  
We will be going to Lake Kapowsin on September 6th so get your flippin sticks ready and more info to follow!
« Last Edit: 08/19/08 at 04:18:20 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: September Fish-In at Kapowsin!
Reply #1 - 08/14/08 at 02:58:33
Quote Print Post  
Flippin Sticks???? Didn't ya intend to say "Stump Finder".

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 08/14/08 at 16:17:17
Quote Print Post  
Just noticed something....Cast for Kids I believe is doing the kids boat ride the 6th at Gene Coulon........I will be at Potholes the 12th as alot of you will be pre-fishing also which leaves the 30th of August for the Fish-in.....We will have to move it to the 30th of August....last year I believe we just cancelled it but even though it is Labor Day Weekend we should be OK for Kapowsin.

MAKE THE CHANGE EFFECTIVE NOW, AUGUST 30TH AT KAPOWSIN!!!

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/08 at 20:33:47
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Flippin Sticks???? Didn't ya intend to say "Stump Finder".

Isn't that what the prop is for?  I've found a few stumps with mine.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: August 30th..(Sept.) Fish-In at Kapowsin!
Reply #4 - 08/27/08 at 04:26:21
Quote Print Post  
Okay...sorry bout the delay. We will meet at the Sharis at 5:30AM for breakfast and then at the launch by 7AM should be good weather but wanted to have full light so folks can see the surroundings.

Directions:  To Shari’s on South Hill Puyallup: Take WA-167 South. Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP/OLYMPIA. 3.3 miles. Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL/WA-161 S/EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles. Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E/WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 0.5 miles. Turn LEFT onto 37TH AVE SE.
To Launch  - 
Merge onto I-405 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward RENTON. 3.9 miles
Merge onto WA-167 S via EXIT 2A toward KENT / AUBURN. 20.4 miles
Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP / OLYMPIA. 3.4 miles
Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL / WA-161 S / EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles
Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E / WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161.
Turn LEFT onto ORTING KAPOWSIN HWY E. 
ORTING KAPOWSIN HWY E becomes ORVILLE RD E.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 08/28/08 at 21:07:17
Quote Print Post  
Who's goin ?  Wink  The 8 lbers must not have went anywhere, lets go catch one !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #6 - 08/29/08 at 03:03:41
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there, haven't fished that lake but once in the last 12 yrs.  I won't tell ya that the last time I fished it was 2 weeks ago.

AIM  
IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #7 - 08/30/08 at 03:02:01
Quote Print Post  
Bree and I will be there, won't be at the breakfast (to far the wrong direction.) see you there!

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/01/08 at 05:30:05
Quote Print Post  
How was the fish-in?

Stu

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #9 - 09/01/08 at 20:22:36
Quote Print Post  
I had forgotten that there was a date change for the fish-in and didn't get to make it. Went to Silver Lake with the wife but did not do to well. Interested on how things went.

Thomas

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 09/02/08 at 17:07:25
Quote Print Post  
The fish-in at Kapowsin, went ok, but not outstanding.  We had Brian Walker, Bre, Jose, Robert, Rodney, soon to be new member Matt Clark, and myself there.  Started off slow with no buzzbait fish or topwater activity that I heard of.  Robert (can't recall his last name) caught the big fish of 4-4, along with a 2-10 I believe. 
Brian Walker caught a 2-10 also along with some dinks for himself and Bre.  Rodney got a fish under 12 inches as well.  Not the best day, but still fun I guess Undecided
A little after noon Robert, Rodney and Myself scooted over to Tanwax.  I got a 1.7 lber on a 10 inch powerworm within the first 20 minutes but that was it.  Not sure how Rodney or Robert did on Tanwax. 

Not sure if I will be back to Kapowsin any time soon.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #11 - 09/02/08 at 21:29:17
Quote Print Post  
At Tanawax I caught 2 buzz bait fish around 5:00.  They where in the 1 to 2 pound range.  Then in the dollar pads I had 4 good blow ups on the bronze-eye frog, no hook-ups. Really got me heart to beating, as the bass did come completely out of the water and could see they were better than 2 lbs plus.

AIM  
IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #12 - 09/03/08 at 03:59:20
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
The fish-in at Kapowsin, went ok, but not outstanding.  We had Brian Walker, Bre, Jose, Robert, Rodney, soon to be new member Matt Clark, and myself there.  Started off slow with no buzzbait fish or topwater activity that I heard of.  Robert (can't recall his last name) caught the big fish of 4-4, along with a 2-10 I believe.  
Brian Walker caught a 2-10 also along with some dinks for himself and Bre.  Rodney got a fish under 12 inches as well.  Not the best day, but still fun I guess Undecided
A little after noon Robert, Rodney and Myself scooted over to Tanwax.  I got a 1.7 lber on a 10 inch powerworm within the first 20 minutes but that was it.  Not sure how Rodney or Robert did on Tanwax.  

Not sure if I will be back to Kapowsin any time soon.  

Hey guys! Thanks for showing me all the stumps at Lake Kapowsin.  I'm happy to say that I caught my biggest Bass EVER...6 inches...well, first bass ever really but who's counting?  Looking forward to being a part of the club and I'm always looking for an excuse to get out there if someone needs a fishing partner...if the pregnant lady at home will let me out of course...

In any event, thanks to Rodney for letting ride in his boat and giving me a handful of good fishing tips...finally figured out that reel towards the end there!  And I'll see you all soon.

-Matt
206-427-2060

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo