Normal Topic Flathead Lake, Montana. (Read 1300 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Flathead Lake, Montana.
08/10/08 at 15:50:56
Quote Print Post  
Took a patient from Seattle to Kalispell Montana and found a new roadtrip destination.....Flathead Lake is HUGE!!! anyone know if there is a good population of fish there?? took 8-1/2 hours to drive there but if someone were to say....spend several days at Cour D Alene and then up to Flathead in a roadtrip ...the scenery was awesome plus loads of furry critters!!! saw Bison, Pronghorn, Whitetails and Mulies!! temps were in the mid 90's!! Grin

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Re: Flathead Lake, Montana.
Reply #1 - 08/11/08 at 01:06:31
Quote Print Post  
Could be a sleeper Larry, but not much information:  I would expect that Smallmouth would be successful there, but only found minimal mention of Largemouth.

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/guide/q_Flathead_Lake__1140996479165_0_1.aspx

BillB

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/12/08 at 04:00:03
Quote Print Post  
I have fished Flat Head myself from shore only and caught some smallies but mostly dinks. Your better off going to Noxon Reservoir its closer and has better quality fish.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/12/08 at 12:26:28
Quote Print Post  
Larry -
The Flathead River below the lake is a complete sleeper for TROPHY smallmouth.  My Montana sources tell me that the state record was broken three times last summer the same week.  6,7 & 8 pounders are known too swim in the river in this location.  There is a great outdoors section in The Missoulian.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo