Normal Topic Lake Washington - Friday (Read 754 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Lake Washington - Friday
07/28/08 at 04:35:32
Quote Print Post  
Went out Friday and had a great day.  No monsters, but I put 25 smallies in the boat by noon.  I started fishing all the weedlines next to deep water with cranks and had a blast, but all the fish were in the  1-2 pound range.  I also tried the docks but only found dinks - which I don't count.  Finally I moved out to the deeper water (20-24 feet) and caught 5 fish in a row between 3-4 lbs.  I was trolling cranks, and was out in front of what used to be the old lumber company.  Every fish was hanging by an isolated log or made-made debris out on the mud flats.  The summer patterns are fnally arriving.

Naturally, the squaw fish heard I was coming and they lined up to hit my Rapala Shad Rap too.  I left another 25 of those guys doing circles on the top of the water (clumsy fish - always bumping their head on the side of the boat on the way out) until the eagles and osprey invited them over for lunch.

The highlight of the day; a 2 hour nap tied up to one of the pilings while the water lapped against the side of the boat!  Never could find the fish after that - only caught a couple more before I headed home.  But it was... a satisfying and relaxing day!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo