Normal Topic Lake Sawyer..last nite! (Read 2272 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Lake Sawyer..last nite!
07/20/08 at 17:42:43
Quote Print Post  
Fished Sawyer last night from 8pm till 2 am...water was at 74 and the Moonrise was AWESOME!!! caught 12-14 fish at around 1/2 to 1-1/2 lbs all on topwaters....Heddon Baby Torpedo and BPS Pop-r in bleeding shad color......did have two really nice blow-ups but tried to set the hook.....DOH!! have to remember to wait for pressure!!
Nothing after midnight...should get better by the 2nd!!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer..last nite!
Reply #1 - 07/22/08 at 18:26:13
Quote Print Post  
Any sign of Mortimer?

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 08/11/08 at 14:12:15
Quote Print Post  
Anyone been to Sawyer lately?  I'm taking my nephew from Virginia fishing on Saturday and was thinking of going to either Sawyer or Morton since the forecast calls for skiers-a-plenty out on my usual lake (Tapps).

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 08/11/08 at 14:36:34
Quote Print Post  
Morton was dead for me yesterday, a couple small ones and a pair of 3-4 lbers following.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 01/05/09 at 03:09:00
Quote Print Post  
Hit Lake Sawyer today just to run the boat a little bit, and try a new Lowrance.  Watch for Ice  Grin  To the left of the launch there is still thin ice on the surface.  It sounds weird when you idle through the stuff lol.  
Water temp was 38 degree's, and I only made about 3 casts.  

I would have went to Meridian to save the $5, but the gates were all locked, even the park !  There was a sign at the launch that said "watch for ice"  Roll Eyes

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo