Normal Topic Lake WA Sunday (Read 1638 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Lake WA Sunday
07/07/08 at 22:23:12
Quote Print Post  
Took the green machine to Lake Wa Sunday to check out the trolling motor - all is good and great, it runs!! Hammered loads of 10-12" dinks on texas rigged twintail grub, and weightless Senko off the ends of docks in 12-20ft. Had a bigger one on for a few seconds, jumped and threw the hook. Then another one ran me up and down the boat, pulled drag on me and almost bent my rod double (much to the delight of the family on the next dock who stood by cheering when it jumped) - when it got off, I checked my bait thinking maybe my hook was blunt, but the point had not even penetrated the plastic!! Go figure!!

I did finally get one about 2lbs, first keeper in the Nitro since it got back on the water. I had another Bass angler (not one of ours) take a picture on my cellphone, and while I released the fish, he closed the phone without saving the picture.......

...... what a fun day though, just to get out and fish.

Faz

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Lake WA Sunday
Reply #1 - 07/07/08 at 23:08:24
Quote Print Post  
Glad to see you got out Faz !  I was out there saturday from about noon-3:30.  Windy day, but I braved it with Susan and a buddy.  Got 2 fish for myself, 2.0 and 2.4 lbs on a Drop shot, others got a few bites.  Tough fishing for me this weekend.  

« Last Edit: 07/08/08 at 00:12:15 by Chris B. »  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/09/08 at 05:02:14
Quote Print Post  
I went out Monday with a pastor friend who had never fished for bass before.  (Prefers slimmers!  Ugh!)  With the weather messing up the normal spawn this year I suspected they could still be spawning in July - and I was surprized to be right.  The docks seemed to hold the dinks, but the spawning flats held the larger fish.  My friend caught 5 solid smallies (1.5 to 2.5 pounds), a handful of dinks, and he was excited with that.  I managed around 18 that went from 2 to 3.5 pounds, and a handful of dinks as well.  All on... crankbaits of course.  (Yes I know - I'm addicted!)  We ran shallow running Rapala Shad Raps in the smaller sizes just over the tops of the weeds, (which are growing at an alarming rate!) Naturally we fed the eagles a mess of squaw fish as well.  

I also had another friend and his son go out in their new Tracker that same morning - but they caught only 2 dinks and that was it.  I guess I may have picked up a thing or two after 18 years on the lake.  My partner and I found the bigger fish in 6-8 feet of water and in areas where there was no or little weeds.  Rock or shell bottoms, or sand holes in the weed beds were the key.  About half the time, when we got one fish close to the boat, another was following.  (Usually the bigger female of course!)  They were certainly paired up.  I kept trying to get my partner to throw in and catch the second, but you can only expect so much from first time beginners.  He was having too much fun just watching them.  Still, he made a good net boy!  Despite the cursed North wind, it wasn't a bad morning.  We got off the water about 1:30pm, but boy what a beautiful day on the water!  Sunshine, water, and bass make up a perfect medicine for the soul!  

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 07/15/08 at 02:09:04
Quote Print Post  
It was tough for me, my friend Som and my nephew.  We caught 3 decent fish from a pound to 2.6lbs with handful of dinks.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 07/19/08 at 18:37:00
Quote Print Post  
Went to WA yesterday 7-18-08 got there at 5:30 am only 2 trailer in the lot both Triton wind & clouds good combo. By noon I had 2.8 2.6 2.4 2.3 1.4 only got one 2.2 after noon. I think I had close to 30 fish all in the 1-2lb range all were so fat I thought the were going to explode most were chucking up bait fish. Water temp was 69-72 Lot of fish came on drop shot but also on sinko crank baits & rattle traps I even got 2 Squaw fish on a jerk bait thanks REV  Grin those squaw have a bad habit of slipping & falling on my knife. I got fish in depths from 8ft to 28ft later in the day. It was like I was fishing the fall feed.Hope its not a sign of early fall  Cry If it is I just might move I have seen enough of Fall. I got off the water at 2:30 I don't want to talk about the fish I broke off on my last cast. I will never use P-line it again.
« Last Edit: 07/20/08 at 00:41:28 by Ray »  

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo