http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYezmrGeng

Don't you wish we had days like that around here?  Smiley

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Amazing!
Reply #1 - 06/27/08 at 04:07:58
Quote Print Post  
I wouldn't trade my 16.88lb 5 fish smallie limit last weekend to fish in that dink lake.  Pretty cool though, bass resource forum guy ?

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 06/27/08 at 04:15:43
Quote Print Post  
I need one of those Mojo bracelets!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/27/08 at 06:01:06
Quote Print Post  
I wondered what he was casting to, but he never showed it until finally at the end... the boat began to drift to the right, and we saw some small trees or brush sticking out of the water.  I suspect it was a point on a flat near deep water that had enough cover to collect a school of fish on a regular basis.  Lots of fun but it would be hard to win a tourney with those fish.  It's obvious he's done this again and again...

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 06/27/08 at 19:00:45
Quote Print Post  
So let me fill you in on the details:

It's a private lake in Georgia that's only 3 years old, this would explain the size class.  Average growth rate is a little over 1 pound per year.

It was his first time on the lake.

He caught over 200 bass that day.

He got into a school of 5-pounders later in the day when he found offshore brushpiles.

Tournament thoughts aside, that's just plain old-fashioned fun!  And yes, he's a "bassresource forum guy".  Smiley

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/27/08 at 19:06:15
Quote Print Post  
I had a day like that on Roosevelt two years ago with a client with a jerk bait (100, 2+ lbers on every cast for the day) without the Mojo bracelet.

Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #6 - 06/28/08 at 00:31:49
Quote Print Post  
I don't think you understand.  The mojo bracelet isn't supposed to give you good luck, you're supposed to pack good luck INTO it.  We pass it around the country, packing good luck and good wishes into it, and then give it to a well deserving person.

Last year we used a key chain and gave it to Clay Dyer.  This year we are doing a tribute to all the guys and gals who are away from home fighting for our freedoms.

The lure, on the other hand, is traveling the world with the intent of catching as many bass on it around the globe in one year.

For more info, see ***Please pass the MOJO-2008***

This was last yrs.  A good read:
MOJO

and about the lure:
BR Lure Fun

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/28/08 at 17:29:25
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

I pmed Keri. Yup misunderstood it. Got it now.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo