Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) BASS state team potholes qualifier? (Read 5530 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: BASS state team potholes qualifier?
Reply #15 - 06/26/08 at 14:41:02
Quote Print Post  
I don't recall there being any conflict with our Tri-Cities date at the conflict resolution meeting in Ellensburg.  In fact I don't recall even seeing Mark Byrne (SP?), or anyone from B.A.S.S. at the meeting. Shocked 
I do recall Bruce from the game dept. talking and saying that it was the states desire to allow only 2 weekends per month be allowed for "T" activity.
My guess is that B.A.S.S. looked at the allocations after the draw and picked that weekend knowing that the Columbia River could easily accommodate both our club and their Qualifier without getting in either one's way. Roll Eyes
If it is a problem, we could always launch at one of 4 or 5 other launches in the near vicinity.  They are all good launches with plenty of parking for our group. Undecided

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #16 - 06/26/08 at 17:26:08
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the clarification.  Were any reasons given for the additional restrictions on tournaments?  Surely they have in-depth studies with facts and figures to back their reasoning.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/26/08 at 19:21:06
Quote Print Post  
I'm with you, Glenn. I'm pretty sure the state has always had a restriction of two tournament weekends per month on each body of water... at least as long as I can remember back. Their reasoning was, as Bob already alluded, to limit conflicts between tournament and non-tournament anglers at public access areas.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/26/08 at 23:00:52
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,

Thats been that way for a long time as far back as the 90's.

Russ

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #19 - 06/29/08 at 16:14:18
Quote Print Post  
Looks like the Northend Bass club is also holding a tournament on the Wallula pool on the same weekend.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/29/08 at 19:59:21
Quote Print Post  
So, if they have always allowed only two weekends per month, does anyone have any solid guesses at why there are so many conflicts this year and why they are allowing so many tourneys on the same lake - or is that just perception?

Is it because there are more clubs/circuits wanting on the lakes?  In the past, did they allow more exceptions after the fact and open lakes for clubs on other weekends when there was an "emergency" need?

Even if the number of boats per tourney isn't that high, 3 tourneys on one body of water seems a bit much. I've only been in the club for 5 years, but over that time I don't remember seeing as many lakes with multiple tourneys.

The reason I am wanting to discuss this more is so that our TD/representative knows about any changes so he can have the best strategy for 2009.

Stu

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/29/08 at 21:45:39
Quote Print Post  
I agree Stu...I would like to minimize the conflicts for next year if possible.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/30/08 at 05:31:10
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

Since I wasn't at the tourney meeting this year, my best guess is that there were organizations that waited until after the meeting to get their permits... for what reason, I don't know. From what Smitty said above, it sounds like BASS wasn't at the main meeting.

The state will keep issuing permits until the boat limit has been reached on the body of water. So if we say our club needs 50 boats and the body of water is listed to host up to 200, then up to 150 more boats could get permitted. Other than that, I don't have any secondary guesses as to why there might be more conflicts this year. Honestly, it doesn't sound that bad... BASS qualifiers are pretty tiny this year. Someone on the board should call Bruce Baker and ask for some clarification and see if he thinks anything went differently this year...

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo