Normal Topic Down for repairs! (Read 2239 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Down for repairs!
06/24/08 at 23:07:35
Quote Print Post  
Well...this is maintenance related but is due to damage inflicted at a tournament so...oh well.....
The Procraft has suffered an injury as a result of the Riffe lake event, possibly on that dip on the Tadnapam drive from Kosmos....some of you heard my trailer making all kinds of racket and, finding nothing wrong I tootled my way home....again notified by another club member of the "Racket" from my passenger side of the trailer but after stopping and looking at it I still found no overheated bearings...or hot grease or anything else signalling an impending catastriophic brake fire or other malady...until I got home and saw the telltale scrapes of a damaged Caliper that either had the bolts work off or fractured requiring an emergency visit to the guys/gals at Shwabbies who are into their 2nd hour of surgery....I will update in-between smoke brakes as I have gotten very nervous waiting for news. Embarrassed

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Down for repairs!
Reply #1 - 06/25/08 at 01:39:47
Quote Print Post  
Update......
74.889 += boats with trailers in Western Washington and Les Schwab does not carry the parts for a Disk Brake Caliper!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #2 - 06/25/08 at 02:51:08
Quote Print Post  
Dang! Well at least it's a minor fix.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/25/08 at 03:58:28
Quote Print Post  
Larry, ask or show it to our Buddy Tony at the shop.....He may be able to locate it faster for you.  Also, did you get my last email?

Later,

Chuck P

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 06/25/08 at 04:52:53
Quote Print Post  
Man that bites!  Sorry to hear that.  You can go fishing with us if you're going to be boatless.  Not much of a consolation prize, I know.  Tongue

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/25/08 at 15:04:33
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Why didn't you pick up the phone and call the longest Ex-Procraft owner in the state. I could have told you that Schwab does not carry those and that you would have to call a Procraft dealer to get those parts and that those calipers had a recall on them, etc,etc,etc.

So next time you have a Procraft issue give me a jingle.

Russ

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #6 - 06/26/08 at 02:47:25
Quote Print Post  
Larry

Maybe you and I can fish from shore Grin

By the way thanks to the people who offered letting me fish in their boat on Sunday I do appreciate the offer.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo