Normal Topic Chelan Open (Read 2080 times)
Jack
Forum Member

Chelan Open
05/14/08 at 12:32:04
Quote Print Post  
Deirdre and I fished the Chelan Open for the first time last weekend.  It was a great event and we will do it again next year.  The lake was crazy low-every dock was high and dry by over 20 yards!! A few props were damaged just at the launch alone. The fishing was tough,(Sundays winds were like our tourney last year!) We finished 13th place,my big fish was a 4.43 sm on a topwater of all things. As usual someone figured it out and won it with over 31 lbs. big fish was almost 6lbs. In all, had a blast and met some fun people,I also got to mark a bunch of stuff on my gps that you would never know was there! Jack

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Chelan Open
Reply #1 - 05/14/08 at 15:02:18
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report, Jack! Sounds like a blast... Nice going and way to catch a fish on top!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/08 at 17:37:53
Quote Print Post  
Ditto.  Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a good time.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/18/08 at 16:29:30
Quote Print Post  
Roy Van Slyke won it this year.  On Sunday evening after the tourney he showed up at my condo in Idaho to start prefishing the BASS event.  He is a real nice guy and told me how he won the Chelan event.  Congrats to you Jack and D for a strong showing.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo