Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) silver lake predictions!? (Read 6512 times)
Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Re: silver lake predictions!?
Reply #15 - 04/16/08 at 07:23:58
Quote Print Post  
Even though the forecast looks ugly the fishing will be better than the open and the fishin.  The other thing is that it's supposed to be cold, but its supposed to be consitently cold.  I have a feeling that the recent temperature swings are whats getting the fish all messed up.  I think with some stable weather there will be a decent bite.......but i've been wrong before.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #16 - 04/16/08 at 15:19:25
Quote Print Post  
Your use of the word Oedipus is plethoric and caused me to make a rhonchus utterance Kirk. Grin 
Me thinks the word epitome would have been more germane to the sentence structure, and descriptive of the ambiance and fellowship experienced at a club gathering. Cool

Smitty Wink

now dat dere is sum smak talk Smiley Smiley

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #17 - 04/16/08 at 19:50:50
Quote Print Post  
Weather or no weather, it will be the same for all of us on Silver.  The water temperature should still be in the 50s.  Let's go flipp'n!
Ray

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #18 - 04/16/08 at 19:59:35
Quote Print Post  
Sat Apr 19

Showers

46° high
33° Low

Sun Apr 20

Showers

49° High
34° Low

« Last Edit: 04/16/08 at 22:22:34 by Daryl »  

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/16/08 at 20:04:27
Quote Print Post  
Joel - your right w/ some stable weather it would be a decent bite - but it will not be stable weather... the forecast calls for a 10+ degree degree drop going into the weekend.  That will probably affect the surface temp even more w/ the predicted rain/snow.  I wouldn't be suprised for it to be colder water temps than the fishin and therefore worse fishing - but I don't know that is why I was asking, but I guess no one has heard any recent reports? 

Don't get me wrong I would fish all the time through any weather if I could!  But my wife, work, chores, and money make that impossible so I have to make best use of the passes I get.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #20 - 04/16/08 at 20:42:23
Quote Print Post  
It snowed the day before the open tournament and froze stiff the night before the tournament.  I still caught two fish, and that was a month ago.  It's almost a month later and the water temps will still be above what they were for the open, and the temps at the fish-in were as low as 45 degrees.  There will be a much better bite, and we haven't ever really had good weather historically for this event.  If your worried about wasting your available fishing time then wait for the potholes tournament in a couple weeks.  If you want a chance to catch an 8 lber in this state come to the draw. Wink

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #21 - 04/16/08 at 20:57:49
Quote Print Post  
If you want to fish and make friends, come.  If you want to catch fish, and catch plenty (hopefully) come to Potholes next month.  I would come to both if I were you.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #22 - 04/16/08 at 22:08:12
Quote Print Post  
John,

The best part of the draw is that you can just show up and you get to fish out of the back of someones boat.  For the other tournaments your going to have to pre-arrange a partner, and if every boater going has a partner then you can't really fish.  The draw tournament is set up a lot more like a fish-in, but with trophies at the end of the weekend. Cool

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #23 - 04/16/08 at 22:29:32
Quote Print Post  
John

Suck it up, get your chores done, satisfy the wife and go fishing. When people can start predicting when fish are going to bite at Silver Lake, I will buy the book.

Daryl

P.S. You will not need ice for the beer. There, I just saved you a dollar fifty.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #24 - 04/17/08 at 00:06:42
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
John

Suck it up, get your chores done, satisfy the wife and go fishing. When people can start predicting when fish are going to bite at Silver Lake, I will buy the book.

Daryl

P.S. You will not need ice for the beer. There, I just saved you a dollar fifty.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #25 - 04/17/08 at 01:19:45
Quote Print Post  
I going to say 23.5 lbs for the win with a 6.8 big fish, "I'll show you what it looks like at weight-in." Cool Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 04/17/08 at 03:17:33
Quote Print Post  
Oh a whole $1.50, now I'm def. going!  J/K but I am probably going... too worried about missing it and then hearing yall smoked em.  And I can't do any worse than I have done all year... 6 straight 0s, so the odds are in my favor - lucky trip # 7.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 04/17/08 at 03:31:43
Quote Print Post  
Thats the spirit Truck. All you need is one rod and thats a flippin stick with some plastics and some jigs.

You got it made.

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 04/17/08 at 15:02:42
Quote Print Post  
For those of you who don't know truckinmusic, I took him out on Sammamish a while back.  Great guy and a good fisherman.  You should do well at the tourney everyone.  Catch some pigs and remember to fish SLOW.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo