Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Chelan Tournament (Read 13944 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Re: Lake Chelan Tournament
Reply #45 - 03/29/08 at 03:53:53
Quote Print Post  
I was on vacation this week and just saw this discussion.

When looking at options, my understanding is that each lake can only have a total of 2 tournament weekends, so moving to a date on Chelan where there isn't already a tourney probably won't be an option. So , sharing Potholes or another lake makes sense within that rule.

Stu

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #46 - 03/29/08 at 03:56:29
Quote Print Post  
Except Chelan Stu...33.000+ surface acres = three clubs/events and or 250 boat limit.....me and Bruce at WDFW been down this road. Wink

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 03/29/08 at 03:57:52
Quote Print Post  
Aha! Thanks, Larry.  I withdraw my previous post!   Wink Wink  (That many acres, but it fishes so small.)

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #48 - 03/29/08 at 04:00:22
Quote Print Post  
That's funny, 'cause we know Chelan doesn't fish that big.  Can you imagine 250 bass boats on Chelan... Shocked

Russ...you mean those aren't Golden Bass?

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 03/29/08 at 09:29:22
Quote Print Post  
You'd think that WDFW would have enough knowledge to know that Chelan may be big but fishes much smaller. Personally, if we have to share a lake for a Tourney, I'd much rather it was Potholes since it is not only big, but fishes big too.

I know it will be a pain the share the rockpiles at Sullivan's Dam with 30 other boats, but there's plenty of hidey holes up in the Dunes and all points north.

I'll go wherever the club votes, but for the record Potholes rather than Chelan.

Faz

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 03/29/08 at 11:54:31
Quote Print Post  
Either way - We are going to have some members not happy regardless of what happens here.  Personally, fishing agianst you folks is hard enough, finding good spots on Chelan with another 40+ event going on top of that?  Think about that.  Undecided 

I can appcreciate what Henry says, but I also value and cherish my time on the water.  If we must share water, it will be much better on Potholes.  While it is not 33k acres, it has much more fishable water and cover per acre.  

PS  Either way, I am still in....... Cool Cool

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 03/29/08 at 16:49:44
Quote Print Post  
"Ditto Got Five" on all that he said. Potholes fishes much larger than Chelan, fishes better in May, and don't have to compete for shared water unless your on the rocks-That ain't going to help you anyway.

I wish I could fish this one if we changed date-The wife is making me go to a graduation in Naleans on the 10th-Boo hoo Cry Cry Cry

I guess I will just have to eat a bunch of crawfish if it stays the 10th-Yum,yum Roll Eyes

Russ

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #52 - 03/29/08 at 17:36:37
Quote Print Post  
Looks like its the open for us this year, anyone have the link to that so I can register?

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #53 - 03/29/08 at 21:02:56
Quote Print Post  
As I am new to the club, I am also unfamiliar to both chelan and potholes waters, but have been wanting to reserve a camp site at chelan. When everything is final I will reserve a camp site some were. Now does anyone have a map of the camp site in chelan?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #54 - 03/29/08 at 21:08:14
Quote Print Post  
So far it looks like it would be ok with staying at Chelan and letting it ride unless we change weekends. Alot of the fears have been erased/compensated and some might even want to do the Open. So unless there is major objection what say we just go with whats planned?
I already have reservations at Kamei and want to at least go whack a Wapato Toad! Grin

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 03/30/08 at 00:56:28
Quote Print Post  
so what resolves the issue??? vote at the board meeting?  was this voted on at the general meeting and voted down?  seems the majority want to fish potholes instead. 

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 03/30/08 at 01:00:26
Quote Print Post  
Well Suuuucccckkk as Dave Jarrel used to say. If it stays the same weekend I guess I am going to have to Win the Potholes Open this year!!!! Hows that for some genuine smack down.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #57 - 03/30/08 at 01:17:10
Quote Print Post  
Okay..........I will now step away and let you guys decide what to do......just wanted to get this over and done with.....I will go wherever you all want to go just make sure that whatever you decide...if it involves a move someone has to send in a change of venue form....we have to cancel reservations.....make new reservations, and find out where to camp and such.

I will be on vacation from the 16th of May till the 2nd of June no matter what.

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 03/30/08 at 04:04:29
Quote Print Post  
I think Potholes seems to be the decision that most people are leaning towards.  Larry...is there anything any of us can do to help you shoulder some of the load?  I don't think in your wildest dreams you thought you'd be taking on all of this when you volunteered to take over this tourney for Phil did you? 

You probably don't care either way since you've won on Chelan and Potholes in the past couple years...you animal- I can understand why you just want to put this thing to rest.  Please let me know if I can be of any assistance....Thanks a ton Larry for working on this issue tirelessly...you da man!

Bob

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #59 - 03/30/08 at 05:37:01
Quote Print Post  
Sorry if I missed it and this is a rehash.  If it was switched to Potholes, is it even available?  If so, why don't we just do a poll until a certain date and call it either way?

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo