Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Chelan Tournament (Read 13954 times)
Jack
Forum Member

Re: Lake Chelan Tournament
Reply #30 - 03/28/08 at 19:17:39
Quote Print Post  
We have committed to Chelan that weekend-house is rented, daycare set up etc. so I guess we will fish the open. jack

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/28/08 at 19:48:12
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Thanks for the response. Its nice to see a club look at who has booked and who has not. I can remember a time when no one cared a rats you know what about a change in date. It just cracks me up that the year we  finally plan on a 2nd weekend of the month tourney it actually happens. Instead of 3rd week.

If its on the 10th I can't make it either no matter where its at. If earlier or later I can.

Russ

IP Logged

Henry_Dover
WBC Member

Reply #32 - 03/28/08 at 20:43:54
Quote Print Post  
Because of other engagements I won’t be able to fish it if we change the date. I think it would be unfortunate if we change locations. I like the way the club votes what waters to fish and when, please remember that the idea of changing the Chelan tournament was brought up during the right forum (a club meeting), a vote was taken and the club decided no change. Personally I fish the tournaments for the competition, the more boats the better even if I’m not in the same tournament I still need to out fish them to win. If you want 10 miles of lake to yourself its on Monday to Friday in the east channel of Lake Washington. Roll Eyes      

Sponsors: &&Denali Custom Fishing Rods&&Matzuo America &&Do-It Molds&&Optimum Swimbaits&&Reins Tungsten&&Boat Bling&&Blackwater International 'Toray'&&Anglers Marine
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #33 - 03/28/08 at 20:58:09
Quote Print Post  
Good point Henry, there is'nt anything saying we cannot keep our date and times the same.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/28/08 at 22:03:42
Quote Print Post  
can we fish boths tournies at the same time  Smiley.  this type of thing happens yearly with club vs. club bookings just unforntunete it is againts an open.  i havent made arrangments yet, but would feel bad changing a tourney when others have already booked hotels, campsites, etc.  i say fish it and change blast-off time and coordinate with there TD so we dont have dangerous boating issues (ie boats heading opposite directions on blast off).  put on the blinders and whack some monster smallies. 

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 03/28/08 at 22:08:41
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

Thats normally not an issue. It would be great to fish both as long as our td allows it.

Russ

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #36 - 03/28/08 at 22:09:35
Quote Print Post  
My vote is to move our event to Potholes, but I'll go with whatever decision is made.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #37 - 03/28/08 at 22:53:29
Quote Print Post  
Ok, everyone I withdrawl my first post on this subject. I was just kidding there is no other tournament on Chelan.

I can't wait for the Chelan tournament on May 10th and 11th. It is going to be an awsome tournament. I hope everyone can make it.

Last year at the Chelan open it took 40lbs to win. WOW

See you all there.

Daryl

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 03/28/08 at 23:09:48
Quote Print Post  
I vote to move to Potholes also...same date.  The reason for the same date is due to people who have already scheduled this date around their vacation time.  Most people should be able to change their camping arrangements this far in advance...I think this is a fair compromise especially for the people who were just informed recently there will be  "open" going on the same weekend at Chelan adding an additional 25-30 boats. Angry  

I'm very confident our vote at the club meeting would have come out completely different if we knew then what we know now.

For what it's worth...the 2nd weekend of May is the best week of all to fish Potholes...smallies or largies..you pick
Bob

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #39 - 03/28/08 at 23:16:56
Quote Print Post  
Keep the same weekend, no matter what happens.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 03/28/08 at 23:38:35
Quote Print Post  
Terry,

You just don't want to compete aginast me at the holes on a different weekend because you know I won't be bringing in any carp to the scales Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/28/08 at 23:46:13
Quote Print Post  
I'll make this even sweeter. If we change the venue to Potholes on the weekend before I will have a backseat open for the guy who wants to know where all my secret spots are

Russ

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #42 - 03/29/08 at 01:49:21
Quote Print Post  
We had an open tournament going the same time during our lower columbia tournament in august last year.  Some people were kind of concerned going into it but it became a non-issue  during the tournament even though they blasted off first, but obviously its a much bigger body of water........

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #43 - 03/29/08 at 03:02:36
Quote Print Post  
My only concern with those who want to fish both events at Chelan is whether it will throw off the fish counts....one tourney weighs fish....the next weighs the same fish=tainted fish counts and also....our tourneys have off limits as of Sunday Midnight.....the Open allows Friday as Pre-fish......, just wondering aloud. Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #44 - 03/29/08 at 03:38:12
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I vote to move to Potholes also...same date.  The reason for the same date is due to people who have already scheduled this date around their vacation time.  Most people should be able to change their camping arrangements this far in advance...I think this is a fair compromise especially for the people who were just informed recently there will be  "open" going on the same weekend at Chelan adding an additional 25-30 boats. Angry  

I'm very confident our vote at the club meeting would have come out completely different if we knew then what we know now.

For what it's worth...the 2nd weekend of May is the best week of all to fish Potholes...smallies or largies..you pick
Bob

x2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo