Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Chelan Tournament (Read 13965 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Lake Chelan Tournament
Reply #15 - 03/28/08 at 04:33:25
Quote Print Post  
Here are some options....again...if a change of venue/date is gonna happen we have to get it in no later than the 10th of April to meet the 30 day window.

#1- keep the date and lake the same and see if we can get 1st launch rights....shouldnt be an issue.
#2- Fall back one weekend....Long Lake bass club is there with around 10 boats....some of our members at Lake Wa. ABA Etc...
#3- Move Lakes Same Date...Potholes has ABA but would work.....others avail.
Need Ideas...Phil cannot make this one and I will be helping out with I believe Mark Maderos Volunteered to T.D. at Feb meeting?

Also........If the Venue and /or weekend changed will post the flyer for Chelan Tourney in case some want to fish it.(Silver Lining?)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/28/08 at 04:56:57
Quote Print Post  
I know Kirk will agree with me on a change to the Potholes. Major spawn going on on the 10th of May or even better first weekend of May is the absolute best time to fish this lake.

Option 1 to compete with an open event even if I could go I would bag it and move elsewhere.

Option 2 -Fall back one weekend-You will be lucky if the lake is anywhere near fishable with low water issues.

Option 3 Move lake and date to Potholes and I will TD for you.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/28/08 at 12:28:28
Quote Print Post  
Crap!!  This is really unfortunate.  Potholes work for me.  Since that will be an open event, I will be there anyway!!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #18 - 03/28/08 at 13:57:59
Quote Print Post  
O.D. and I might even go to the Potholes instead of Chelan.  Kinda depends on the date

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #19 - 03/28/08 at 15:33:52
Quote Print Post  
The week of the 3rd and 4th of May is open at Chelan. No tournaments. Get there before the Chelan open and the fish are on the beds or feeding hard before the spawn.

Daryl

Potholes is good also, but Six pound smallies? It took 40lbs to win the Chelan open last year.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/28/08 at 15:37:10
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

Was it at the same time?

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #21 - 03/28/08 at 15:38:38
Quote Print Post  
Get the word out.....so far 5 people have spoke up folks lets call around and get folks talking because were on a clock here!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/28/08 at 15:50:06
Quote Print Post  
It seems a little early to fish the spawn at Chelan. When I won it with the spawn it was the 3rd week of June and all my fish came on beds.

And with water levels being lower from what I have heard from a guy who lives on the lake that Chelan is super low the first few weeks of may.

Just some information to think about.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/28/08 at 15:55:54
Quote Print Post  
Again - Potholes works for myself but others may feel differently.  I was looking forward to Chelan, but earlier than what we had scheduled is not likely to be as good of fishing as was hoped for when we scheduled it.  Chelan is a mountain lake and warms a bit slower than what you might think.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #24 - 03/28/08 at 16:10:12
Quote Print Post  
The Lake Chelan open last year was May 19 and 20th of 2007.

Daryl

Earlier, may be too early? Potholes is looking better.

Daryl

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #25 - 03/28/08 at 16:36:33
Quote Print Post  
Also I put in an e-mail to Bob Steiner at Long Lake bass club to see if they would mind if we fished the lake on their weekend (17th-18th).....waiting to hear back.......just as a courtesy.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #26 - 03/28/08 at 17:20:24
Quote Print Post  
I say Potholes.  I was really looking forward to Chelan, oh well.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #27 - 03/28/08 at 17:30:07
Quote Print Post  
I'm cool with either lake.  I don't want to catch smallies off beds, I want to catch them when they are still FAT and lively.  Catching a 6 lb smallie off a bed would be nice, but wouldn't it be nicer catching it before it spawns when its closer to 7.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 03/28/08 at 18:32:11
Quote Print Post  
Why on earth would we want to share a tournament on a lake that fishes small anyway with any other club or event?  Huh Huh Now if it was a much bigger body like Potholes no problem. Just scratching my head on this one another politically incorrect jesture by the club, arrrrgggghhhhh!!!

I guess it would be like the old Mega Bass events. One guy hits it and another guy waits his turn to fish the area. Sounds like fun to me, not.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #29 - 03/28/08 at 18:44:40
Quote Print Post  
The reason....Russ.....is to express a courtesy to a club that has a weekend to itself.... something we had once, that was changed on us when this whole thing went down.....no one asked for this and this is just a way of keeping things above board and prevent it from snowballing on others as much as possible.
I personnally could care less at this point as I am at pretty much tired of even discussing this and would rather just schedule the darned thing for Potholes on the 17th-18th and get it over with, but we have other members who have already scheduled vacation and paid for reservations and made other commitments so if we can just let THEM weigh in then we can move on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo