Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) April Fish-In!!! (Read 17220 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: April Fish-In!!!
Reply #30 - 04/04/08 at 16:09:33
Quote Print Post  
Not going to make this one. Weather is looking worse and sense the club decided not to change the date for the May tourney Sad Sad I'm spending all the time I can get on the Holes. Grin Grin Grin

Have fun at Silver- Someone will stick atleast two big fish.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #31 - 04/04/08 at 17:31:34
Quote Print Post  
Getting excited even with the chance of showers! any change in weather seems like an improvement with that fishery! (over what we had....Snow...Ice etc!~)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #32 - 04/04/08 at 18:48:59
Quote Print Post  
I'm with you Larry.  Hope to never fish Silver again with sunny skies and no wind  Wink  That goes for Silver only.  Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 04/04/08 at 20:48:57
Quote Print Post  
I feel another smoking coming on again for you guys/repeat of the Silver Lake Open.

You guys are gluttons for punishment!! Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #34 - 04/05/08 at 02:23:26
Quote Print Post  
With the way the weather has been the last week and what it is currently, I have just two words, "HAWG HUNTING!!!" Shocked Cool Now is the time to be on Silver!!!  A little history for you, in condions like these, 3yrs ago(?) Richard Loth stuck an 8+, Danny Garret stuck a 6+ and I know there were two others around 4lbs. A week later I hooked a 7.13.  2Yrs ago, Bree and I were fishing caught 5 fish the biggest was 8.1. Last year, similar condition for our tourney several nice fish were caught and the big fish went 6.12. So think about that and then consider it again.........  Roll Eyes Wink I'll be there with a potentual new member. See you at Spiffys. Cheesy

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #35 - 04/05/08 at 02:24:11
Quote Print Post  
Still planning on meeting folks at the Commons Mall at 3:30 so anyone needing a ride show up then busses leave proptly at 3:40  Wink....here is a head count as I have it....
Me and Som...
Mark Brown and Jose...
Rodney H. and trucknmusic
Daryl...boater...
Terry (till 2pm) boater...
Chris K. and friend...
Chris B. and friend....
Nightbasser and Fam.....
Thomas...and maybe Mack.....(Please Miranda....can Mack come out and play?)
Anyone I missed??
if not see Ya'll There!!!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #36 - 04/05/08 at 02:24:47
Quote Print Post  
okay....got Brian too!!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #37 - 04/05/08 at 02:25:07
Quote Print Post  
I got all those pictures on my computer.  I remember Garret's fish like it was yesterday.  I was using my 9 foot boat that day thinking, "how did they do that".   See Yal tomorrow !!

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #38 - 04/05/08 at 03:30:33
Quote Print Post  
Just talked to Mack, will meet him at 3:30 at his house so I will not be at the commons unless whomever needs a ride can meet me at southcenter mall at 3:00 in they want to ride up with Mack and I. If not, we will see you for breakfast.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 04/05/08 at 03:40:17
Quote Print Post  
You guys are gluttons for punishment!!  I said that in my last post-Well I guess I am coming after all.

Will have open back seat in the "Screw" Boat.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #40 - 04/05/08 at 04:48:04
Quote Print Post  
Just got a call...Som will not be making it Tongue...I'm solo....see ya all in AM....

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 04/06/08 at 04:03:09
Quote Print Post  
Well, for my first time on Silver lake, I launched with high hopes and went home with crushed feelings.  Just kidding, but I didn't catch anything.  This was my first time ever on a lake with that much vegitation, I can only imagine what it looks like in the summer.  I learned a few things about my knot tying skills, need to practice them, and now have a much better understanding of the lakes layout.  We left at 2pm and there were 5 fish at that time...what's the final catch Larry?

Thanks for the dogs and chili! Grin

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #42 - 04/06/08 at 17:02:58
Quote Print Post  
Being that it was my first fishing trip of the year, the anticipation of just being out on the water was a little much, but well worth the experience. My poor partner frozen his tail off, but even though we didn't catch any fish, it was still fun being out on a new body of water, luckily I did not loose any gear so that made it kind of cool. I know now why Larry told me to fish weedless with heavy line. All in all, after sleeping for 14 straight hours, I would gladly do it all over again.

Thanks guys for the experience, especially to Mack my frozen partner and Larry for the chili dogs.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #43 - 04/06/08 at 17:25:17
Quote Print Post  
Still waiting to here the finals from the die hards that stuck around.  As usual I was a guide at a fish in.  At least I got to witness the "big fish" and got a nice bite.  Should be really good in a couple weeks for the tourney.  Nice job
Chris...next time we'll slay 'em in the "Basscat"!  Oh, sorry guys that weren't there, "big fish" before lunch was 4-4.  There were five other fish caught, one by Russ about at a shy 2, Walker had a couple 2 1/2' -3's, and I apologize for not remembering his name(new guy) had a 3 1/2 and a 2 1/2.  Nicely done.  Hope to here of more that came later. 

Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #44 - 04/06/08 at 18:04:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks a bunch Terry for taking me out.  If I didn't have my Cat I'd be begging to buy your boat ! 
Glad I got my one bite before lunch, 4-4 big fish, worth more $ than my Geo burned driving there and back  Wink 
Casey is his name, and he caught 2 fish before lunch, I believe a 3.3 and 3.0 lbers.  How cool, and frustrating was that to witness him sticking one Terry  Grin 
Casey and I went out after lunch and fished til 5.  Couldn't get anymore fish.  It was a fun day.  Rained after lunch, almost non-stop, mostly light rain.  The drive home at 5 pm, could barely see the car in front of me it was coming down.  Thanks for all who showed up, can't wait til LAWRENCE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo