Normal Topic Nick Barr on PBS Show Biz-Kids (Read 1734 times)
Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Nick Barr on PBS Show Biz-Kids
03/01/08 at 17:43:42
Quote Print Post  
Hi Guys, here is the Press Release from me going to be on the NATIONAL PBS Show Biz Kid$

Press Release

February 28th 2008

Nick Barr and PBS Show Biz Kid$ Team up to inform youth on Finances

Seattle, WA- Youth bass angler Nick Barr and PBS Show Biz Kid$ are teaming up to teach young adults about finances. Nick Barr is participating in Episode 9 of the new Biz Kids series airing nationally on PBS. The show features kids across the nation who know about business. Nick's episode is based on the difference between Cash and Credit featuring Nick and his Legend Bass Boat and how he obtained the money to pay for it using credit. The episode will take a small dive into how to obtain a loan and the process.  This is Nick's first time on national television and he says "It was great getting to film this, I had a lot of fun and the crew was great.  I was really surprised to see how much filming it takes to put the story together. I look forward to seeing this show." Nick liked the idea of helping youth learn about finances. "It feels great; a lot of teenagers don't understand about credit and financing a major purchase.  Many do not have a job and are very misinformed when it comes to finances.  This show will help them when they get out into the real world." Part of Nick's success is due to his ability to connect with people.  In the show you will see his industry partners: Legend Boats, Mercury Marine, Outdoor Emporium, Lamiglas Rods, KGM Baits, Quickdrops, Gamakatsu, Keelshield, Red Creek Embroidery, StowMaster Nets, Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Navionics and Gamma Fishing Line. If you would like to know more about Nick Barr, you can visit his new website: NICKBARRFISHING.COM. Nick’s show airs locally in Western Washington on Wednesday, March 5th at 7:30pm on Channel 12 KBTC. Biz Kid$ airs nationally every Wednesday at 7:30PM on your local PBS Station.

Visit my NEW and IMPROVED www.NickBarrFishing.com for more info

Thanks,
            Nick

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Re: Nick Barr on PBS Show Biz-Kids
Reply #1 - 03/02/08 at 00:39:30
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Don't show this program on DTV, Channel 9, which is the PBS, KBTC channel.  Time and show doesn't show up, any other time or channel it may show on DTV?  (Direct TV)

Let me know, would like to record (TIVO) and watch later.

Thanks,

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/02/08 at 02:35:04
Quote Print Post  
DIRECT TV Channel 28..........I Believe...Check it for me if you could.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 03/02/08 at 02:38:58
Quote Print Post  
channel 12 on Comcast.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/03/08 at 03:49:50
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Checked the channel you mentioned, etc.  Nothing is showing up prior to or after that time slot for your show or any show biz kids program.  Maybe DTV isn't showing that or it is somewhere else.  Couldn't locate the show by name either to Tivo it...........Let us know if you find out more.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/04/08 at 05:56:09
Quote Print Post  
You can watch a good deal of Nick's show at: http://www.bizkids.com/

Click on "Enter Site" then "Episode 9, then "Videos" then on the left, then click on "Bass Fisherman" on the right.

It turned out great, Nick! Nice work!

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo