Normal Topic Hydraulic Steering (Read 1333 times)
Ray
Forum Member

Hydraulic Steering
02/26/08 at 19:36:14
Quote Print Post  
I need to install hydraulic steering on my boat and I'm looking at Seastar.  Has anyone done this and can you tell me the difficulty level or contact me with advice.  I would rather do it myself, but may have a shop install it depending on the advice you guys give me.
Thanks
Ray 425-387-5549 cell
« Last Edit: 02/27/08 at 00:30:38 by Ray »  

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Hydraulic Steering
Reply #1 - 02/27/08 at 04:51:27
Quote Print Post  
I installed Sea Star hydraulic steering on my hydroblaster, and did it myself, by myself. I borrowed a holesaw, and can't remember where from. I made a wood plug for the OEM hole, to give myself a center point for the holesaw. That all worked out fine. Pulling the hoses was a bit of work, and finding where to stash the excess.

It's really nice to drive, easy as pie. No more sore arms after a weekend at P'holes. If you have a bad shoulder or elbow, it's definitely the way to go.  Cool C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 03/31/08 at 02:47:32
Quote Print Post  
Well I installed my new hydraulic steering this weekend and the project was not too hard.   I thought that Seastar by Teleflex was the only manufacturer, but I found Uflex that makes Protech steering.  The Protech-2 package was about $300 less than Seastar and soo far I feel like I made the right choice.  I would recommend the Protech steering by Uflex as a less expensive alternative to Seastar.

Ray

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 03/31/08 at 04:29:57
Quote Print Post  
Good to hear you got the upgrade Ray! Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo