Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Open Invites (Read 14170 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Open Invites
Reply #15 - 02/29/08 at 19:55:45
Quote Print Post  
Brian,

I have fished this event atleast 15 times and it is tuff to get into. It is by the far the most fun event anyone can ever fish no matter who wins. Yes its been one by one team so many times by flipping for largemouth (Harnish Team) that I can't count. But if you saw how he catches his fish a boat thats new or in good shape wouldn't want to fish that way. If you don't care about the looks of your boat then be my guest. I have seen that team go thru the nastiest wood and brush that would eat a bass boat alive and come out looking like crap afterwards. But he has probably won enough cash doing this to buy a new boat at this event. He has gotten his but kicked in the last few years by guys throwing Senko's etc.

Silver is a good venue as well as Ron had mentioned, smaller water, more chances to cash a check, less competition, etc. But more chances for colder, wet weather which some of us can't stand in early spring.

The Potholes Open at that time gives a guy more site fishing opportunities and that is one of the reasons I like to fish it. Plus it doesn't start at the crack of dawn like so many other events. More consistent temps in the mid 60's.

Its also one of the first real fun tournaments of the season and people plan their time off for it. Me included since it has a free practice day the day before the event.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/01/08 at 03:32:06
Quote Print Post  
I just wanted to say thanks to Chris Seargant for letting me use his form, I fished it last year, but oddly did not get an invite this year???????
-Nick

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/01/08 at 06:50:39
Quote Print Post  
Nick I called you trying to see if you wanted mine!

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 03/01/08 at 17:38:18
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Nick, my cell phone has been crapping out on me this week, I probably need to get a new one.

-Nick

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/02/08 at 07:18:20
Quote Print Post  
You're welcome  Smiley

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 03/21/08 at 19:40:08
Quote Print Post  
Alright, I didnt get anything back so I think I am good  to go....... I cannot remember if I got anything or not when I got accepted last year.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #21 - 03/21/08 at 20:47:45
Quote Print Post  
If your check shows it cleared....thats what tells ya... Kiss

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/22/08 at 09:28:46
Quote Print Post  
Looking forward to the Open again this year. Always a fun tourney and one that I have mananged to cash in a few times. I am thinking that Russell and I learned a couple of things last year that can help us propel ourselfs back into a money spot this year. Perhaps into the top spot if we apply our skills and execute them without error. We had enough weight on the line to win last year but failed to get all of it into the boat. Looking for a improved result from us this year with the application of what we learned about the new area we found last year. Hoping that we get some warmer weather in the coming weeks to get those Largemouth active. See you all there. I will be glad to take all of your donations at the poker table as well.
Regards,
            Mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03/23/08 at 14:50:01
Quote Print Post  
Sent my check in the day after I received the invite.  Still has not cleared.  Cry I have fished this 11 years running, hope I am in? 

Russ - Could you let me know if you talk to Ken about the adminstration and if they are late?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 03/24/08 at 00:40:23
Quote Print Post  
Spoke to Ken Kernan today and he said that the checks have not been cashed yet but if you haven't got your check back your in.

Russ

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #25 - 03/24/08 at 04:47:09
Quote Print Post  
That's good news... Smiley

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #26 - 03/26/08 at 14:26:24
Quote Print Post  
My check cleared today! Team Miller Lite will be there!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #27 - 03/26/08 at 14:44:20
Quote Print Post  
    Ours cleared last Friday. Smiley        The Taranda's for lunch bunch will be aboard.Smiley  (It's an El Salto thing.) Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #28 - 03/26/08 at 16:16:03
Quote Print Post  
Checked cleared, Sarge I think it's about time to show these chumps how its done. Wink

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 03/26/08 at 18:36:38
Quote Print Post  
Terry & Sarge,

Carp are not allowed to be weighed in as your bag Wink Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo