Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) silver lake open! (Read 9756 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: silver lake open!
Reply #30 - 03/23/08 at 20:11:18
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Russ....35 boats...51 degree water...."BLUE BIRD SKIES"....
Yeah....you got it...recipe for disaster!!
5 boats caught fish!
6 fish total
Big fish at 6-1 and winner of tourney and Big Fish Money!
Doug and Joel Booth take 4th with 4-3/4 lbs only boat to get two fish!
No other clubbers with fish but an excellent day on the water and a great practice in patience as Me and Stu stuck to our Jig and Hog patterns without waiver as everyone else went runnin and gunnin!
Got the nice Raccoon Eye Sunburn goin too!!!! Grin
Raffle got cleaned out By Mack Randall and Joel Booth!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/23/08 at 23:22:26
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to the Booth team. Smiley Smiley Knew it was going to be a tuff bite, it always is. Larry way to stick to your pattern and trying to make it work. Sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

Atleast Larry you got some vitamin D-Sun eyes.

Russ

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #32 - 03/24/08 at 01:53:25
Quote Print Post  
Larry there was a hog pattern but you just needed luck on your side for the pattern to work, and being lucky yesterday meant getting one or two bites!  Shocked  That was amazing that the top three teams only had one fish!

If I remember right you guys cashed a check last year so we were due.  Smiley

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #33 - 03/24/08 at 03:16:44
Quote Print Post  
Jig and hog??  Would that be with a Zoom or Yamamoto  Wink  Man I can't believe I haven't tryed that yet.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/24/08 at 13:49:55
Quote Print Post  
Man, that was a tough day of fishing....not catching...fishing. I didnt run but 2 times and kept that line in the water for as long as possible. I knew that if I worked my areas over with a chatterbait and then come back and pound it with a senko and jig it would produce a fish....but luck was just not on most of our sides....I even zeroed on the raffle, that was not fun either Tongue Tongue Oh well, had a good day and got a small tan. It was a nice day though to fish.
Congrats to the Booth team...only team with 2 FISH!!!!

I did learn something though...dont leave your engine down and running while your buddy pulls you out of the lake.....there might be some loud clanking noises to follow....I have never seen this happen before the open.

IP Logged

Tubetric
Forum Member

The fun of fishing is
the friends you make!!!!!!!!

Reply #35 - 03/24/08 at 16:11:46
Quote Print Post  
I just have to say what a great time I had, and to congratulate the booth team and Capital city on a great tourny. Would also like to thank Ranger Boats and Willy Nelson for all the great raffle prizes that where given out (and not just the ones I got). Grin Cant wait for the fishin and our own tourny it should be good fishin and good times also.

&& &&

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 03/24/08 at 16:13:37
Quote Print Post  
My buddy called me this morning and they were the ones who won it. He was an ex employee of mine. He said he caught that 6 lber in the first 15 minutes of the morning and the rest of the day he thought that there was no way that they would have won it with one fish.

Russ

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03/25/08 at 02:42:00
Quote Print Post  
The guy on that winning team that had longer hair looked like his knees buckled when they told him they won $1500. The look on his face was priceless.

Stu

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 03/25/08 at 03:01:54
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

The long hair guy was Ty's partner and this was his very first tournament.

Russ

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #39 - 03/25/08 at 04:49:20
Quote Print Post  
That's kinda funny because this was my first tournament when I fished it two years ago and we won with two fish and never thought we would be anywhere close, unfortunately I didn't any catch of the fish in my first tournament Huh

They posted the top five teams online and pictures are supposed to be up sometime tonight.  I think they messed up the weights a little bit since they posted them in decimals and there isn't anything over .14, should be in pounds and ounces.

I forgot to thank Willie Nelson the Ranger rep who hooked us up with an extra $150 for being the highest placing Ranger.  I'm investing in some brand new BPS raingear with my winnings, but they won't quite cover it.   Smiley

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 03/25/08 at 05:38:05
Quote Print Post  
Where is the posting of the results?  I looked on the Cap. city site and found nothing.  link?

Jon Werner

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 03/25/08 at 06:48:37
Quote Print Post  
That's the impression I got, Russ. It was really cool. I'll bet he's gonna be hooked now. Wink

Stu

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #42 - 03/25/08 at 07:38:31
Quote Print Post  
Results and pictures are posted at capitalcitybassclub.com

This is there new site.  You have to go to their pictures section to see the pictures, there are several of club members.

Heres my favortie  Grin

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #43 - 03/25/08 at 13:43:22
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Booths!
  I've been reading the posts on this and just have one question, how many fish were you all expecting to catch?  Guys, historically, the fish count at weigh-in hasn't changed much over the past years.  If you go to Silver in March/ April and get A bite, consider it a successful trip!!!!!!!  Being able to clear the schedule, get permission from the wife or significant other, have the gas money to get there, a boat to float in and a buddy that wants to and actually volunteers to spend all day in the boat listening to you complain about the empty livewell, that's the reason for going!!!  The one (possibly two keepers) at weigh-in, that's the bonus!!  Again, congrats to the Booth clan and I'll see you ll at the Draw!!!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #44 - 03/25/08 at 14:53:06
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to the Booth's.  I like the new capital city club site.  I made a point to leave them a comment in their guestbook last year to ask where the results, and pictures were.  They were never posted last year.  Great pics on their site now.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo