Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Low down on BBQ (Read 2344 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

The Low down on BBQ
12/04/07 at 18:42:13
Quote Print Post  
Ok I admit it I am kind of a nut for BBQ & have compiled a hand full of places I like to go in conjunction with fishing so here is my review

Rooters in Black Diamond After a long day of fishing Lake Sawyer this is a great place to fill up for the drive home.Parking can be a pain with the boat on.They have some of the best baked beans around. It was better & cheaper b4 it burnt down.Now its more like a nice sit down restaurant.

Pecos Pit I like to make a stop here after spending my kids collage fund at Outdoor Emporium just jump over 3blocks to 1st Ave & head south.All the seating is outside & food comes fast at fair price, taste great,limited menu,only open for lunch I think.

Warthog BBQ spend most of you retirement money at Sport CO. and on you way home stop at the Warthog to spend what's left. Very cool building. Food can be inconsistent sauce is a bit watery. Texas toast is good, stew was good.

Cedar River Smokehouse not far from Coulon boat launch. If you are daring you can try to find parking with a boat on. This place is the top IMO. It has great décor & for the $$ some of the best BBQ around. Watch out for the sauce the medium is hot & the hot well I don't dare. Its all good get the corn bread as you side & don't forget to get a punch card buy 9 get one free  Cheesy

Famous Dave's BBQ they just opened here in south center. Stop over at Sport CO to buy what little fishing gear they have   Huh
All I can say Dave is famous for is over priced so so food.

Ranch house BBQ I found this place just by luck when we were on HWY 8 heading to a campground. I new I had the right place when in the entryway was a wall of awards from many states for best BBQ. WOW is all I can say. Not the cheapest place I ever been but when my kid eats her food faster then me you know its good.My only problem how was I ever going to make a stop here again & then Cabalas opens in Lacey YES I have my reason & then last night on the news I see Mudslide destroys popular Ranch House BBQ eatery
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Cry
Now that I have made you all hungry for BBQ have a great day. Don't forget to visit your cardiologist Wink

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: The Low down on BBQ
Reply #1 - 12/04/07 at 20:05:23
Quote Print Post  
What about "Bodacious Bills" in Renton on SE 3rd St.?  Just past the Jimmie Hendrix Cemetery.  Not only is the pulled pork good but the sweet potato pie is to die for! Smiley  another not to be ignored spot is "The Generals" on the west side of N. Central Ave in Kent at about 194th or so.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/04/07 at 20:34:47
Quote Print Post  
Also Texas Smoke House BBQ in Woodinville. Yum,Yum.

Russ

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 12/04/07 at 20:35:11
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for playing Smitty but you suggestions lack a fishing tie in  Grin. But I still will try them.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/05/07 at 00:09:06
Quote Print Post  
Pecos is the best but here's some more.  Branks in Sumner. JT's on the west side of the Narrows bridge on 6th.

IP Logged

Ernest
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 12/05/07 at 07:03:36
Quote Print Post  
Try Jones BBQ off Lander street near Outdoor Emporium in Seattle

Ernest

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 12/05/07 at 14:52:04
Quote Print Post  
Oh Contre!  Mr. Bassaholic. Cool  Depending upon which BBQ I choose to dine at, I can go past any of the locations I mentioned on the way home from Lk. WA. Smiley  There are areas close to both locations that allow me to park the boat and truck.  Alas however, for the Generals is not open on weekends. Sad

Smitty Wink
Prefers Carolina style BBQ over Texas or Maryland.

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/07/07 at 03:24:53
Quote Print Post  
Being from MEMPHIS....The home of BBQ.....I personally get shipped each year a full Dinner Serving of Mr. PIGS BBQ from home.  Hand rubbed, slowed cooked BBQ slabs, pulled pork, sausage, Baked beans.....on and on.......Gosh.......I gotta go call my Dad now and get an order early......This just made me hungry all over again.  The great thing about it all,,,,,,,the last time I was home in Memphis,  I pulled up to the drive through and picked up an entire dinner to go.  Now that was new since my earlier days back home......

Warthog in Fife is really excellent and so is the Pecos Pit up on 1st Ave......

I love good southern BBQ.........

Thanks for the other places mentioned so I can make some pit stops and give em a try too.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/08/07 at 07:14:44
Quote Print Post  
There's a nice little place on Greenwood Avenue at the Junction of Greenwood/Holman/105th. It's behind the Jiffy Lube and not impressive to look at, but their BBQ is really nice, best 'slaw around.........

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/09/07 at 04:48:19
Quote Print Post  
Nobody has mentioned "The Caveman" in Kent, on Washington/West Valley. Has it gone downhill? C&R, Steve

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/25/07 at 01:00:22
Quote Print Post  
My fav was Lyle`s tri tips at the pot luck during a wbc tournament  Grin  time place  and company  makes good eats Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo