Normal Topic Whatever Happened to the Rainier Trophy ? (Read 1083 times)
ramrod
Ex Member

Whatever Happened to the Rainier Trophy ?
11/12/07 at 15:02:18
Quote Print Post  
Whatever happened to the Rainier Trophy ?
With the Western Bass Club coming up on it's 70th year, it would be nice to see a History topic added to the forum.  
It would also be a great place to discuss old plugs and other old school fishing tackle as well.

http://users.infoconex.com/~ramrod/wbc.htm
With 70 years of history, I would think that this club would want to celebrate their extraordinary accomplishments.
I would like to be the first to wish you a happy 70th birthday from "Pacific Northwest Fishing Golden Years"
http://www.pnfgy.com
I have a great local Bass article from 1946 scanned and tons of other old articles on N/W bass fishing.
If anyone is interested in posting these old articles on this web site, shoot me off an email.
Maybe it's just me, but if I was in the oldest chartered Bass club in the US, I would want to be flashing it’s long and rich history in the face of these short timer rookie Bass Clubs.
Sincerely
Don Edge
Redmond, WA
ramrod@infoconex.com

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Re: Whatever Happened to the Rainier Trophy ?
Reply #1 - 11/13/07 at 04:49:20
Quote Print Post  
The Rainier trophey looks alot like the new traveling trophey currently it dates back to 98. If any one knowes names of past anglers of the year I can have them added. I know that Ed Telders is one but not sure of year.Ask Larry Sullivan if his idea was from the Rainier trophy

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/15/07 at 03:05:51
Quote Print Post  
That is some really neat stuff to read about.  What did happen to the Trophy?  Seems we need to appoint a NEW Club Historian maybe and invest in something to hold the records, pictues, etc.  We should put forth a great big effort to show all of this to our wonderful public.

Thanks for the  info sharing.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 11/15/07 at 03:38:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jimmy....I started the new perennial because I saw, year after year.....the Bassmasters Classic champ hoisting the classic trophy with all the names of the past on it and it just sounded right. I would love to find the "Rainier" Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo