Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Frostbite Open - Banks Lake - November 3-4 (Read 11187 times)
Pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Frostbite Open - Banks Lake - November 3-4
Reply #30 - 10/30/07 at 17:26:44
Quote Print Post  
I can't wait to see the the new Dover boat...it probably flat out moves and looks awesome!

Update: I will be fishing with Jim Ruman instead of Carlos...Carlos couldn't make it.  I'm very much looking forward to this tournament...it's going to be cold, but the fishing should be great.  

See you guys over there!

Bob

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #31 - 10/30/07 at 17:31:23
Quote Print Post  
Another Bugbote in the WBC hive? Smiley
It's always nice to see folks get new shiny toys. Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 10/31/07 at 03:55:52
Quote Print Post  
I will probably not make it. We lost our 3 way tibreaker and play on FRI.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 11/02/07 at 14:02:02
Quote Print Post  
I'm out the door. Mark and I are taking off about 9 this AM.

Frostbiters: call if you need us.

See you at the pub!

Stu

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #34 - 11/02/07 at 16:13:26
Quote Print Post  
Me and Bill B. are leaving.......sometime.......today..........(I Hope!!!)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 11/05/07 at 05:56:24
Quote Print Post  
We had a great time at the Frostbite this weekend. Had our usual meeting at the pub on Friday night and at the Mexican restaurant on Saturday night.

Mike and Henry took 6th place with 23.2 lbs and Mark and I took 3rd with 23.99, so we had two WBC teams in the money. We had other teams with solid weights, too, but I didn't get a look at the final standing sheet.

The weather was incredible. Some wind on Saturday, but mostly sunny with light clouds. Sunday was about 55 degrees and sunny all day with little wind. However, the bite was pretty tough and people had to either grind it out on their spots or run and gun for their fish on Sunday.

Stu

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 11/05/07 at 06:11:17
Quote Print Post  
Wow! Great job, fellas!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #37 - 11/05/07 at 06:12:03
Quote Print Post  
Wow doesn't sound like a frostbite.  GOOD JOB to the 2 teams in the money !  I looked at the weather report for the Banks Lake area during the week and it was 26 degrees in the morning hours.  Had to be chilly at blast off. 

So whats Henry's new rig ????   Cheesy

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 11/05/07 at 16:31:01
Quote Print Post  
It was a lot of fun over there.  We had just over 12lbs, so that wasn't too good Undecided  We just couldn't get on any bigger fish.  To top off the weekend, I met a deer on I-90 at 70mph  Angry  Needless to say, the front end of my truck was pretty much totaled Cry

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #39 - 11/05/07 at 16:57:35
Quote Print Post  
That sucks about the Deer DJ.......just had a three point buck walk thru my front yard 15 mins ago!!
The bite was similar for me and Bill as we brought in just over 11 pounds but culled two limits Sat and three Sunday! lots of nice weather after the morning Freez-A-Thon! 47 boats in the event this time too!

oh...WE DID NOT GET THE BOOBEY PRIZE!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 11/05/07 at 18:11:31
Quote Print Post  
Well Stu and I had a great weekend.  After a dismal pre fish on Friday, it confirmed to me to fish DEEP.  There was very little wind both days.  With the lack of wind, there was not much of a shallow water bite.  Stu and I fished our deep road bed Sat and Sun.  We caught most of our fish dragging carolina rigs with a variety of plastics.  Lizards, brush hogs, tubes, senko's, sculpins, you name it we dragged it around.  We had a great bag Saturday by noon and started running around the lake looking for some good largemouth.  Found none.  Sunday we gutted out a really tough day with a really slow bite and managed the another decent bag.  Saturday weight was 12.82 and Sunday was 11.17 for a total of 23.99.  A couple of better fish on Sunday would have put us on top.  Saturday I got to explore some more area's and find some other really good water for next year's Frostbite.  Looking to go to the top of the leaderboard next year.

Sorry to hear about the accident DJ, call me if you need anything
Mark

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #41 - 11/05/07 at 21:09:07
Quote Print Post  
That sucks DJ. Hope everything was alright.

Henry and I found fish SHALLOW most of the weekend. Both days we hit a spot and had 11-12 pounds in the first hour. Boy that can really take the pressure off when you have a good bag early. Gives you time to explore like Mark said. So we ended up fishing for the green fish and actually caught 5 saturday and 3 sunday. We ended up weighing largemouth both days.

I finally learned how to "Fizz" a fish after sticking numerous fish and bleeding one completly out. It was horrible, thank god that I am not a surgeon!

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #42 - 11/05/07 at 21:50:11
Quote Print Post  
Well if you stab it enough times something is going to come out. BLOOD AIR GUTS YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Thayne

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 11/05/07 at 22:13:26
Quote Print Post  
I concur with Mark...the bite seemed much tougher then previous years even though the overall weights really didn't reflect that.  The weights were basically the same as any other year...  where it takes 25+ lbs to win it.   However, with that said, it seems people are getting much better at figuring this lake out in the Fall.  I remember fishing my first Frostbite tourney about 5 years ago with Ron Hankinson and we only weighed 13.14 and took 22nd place out of 50 boats.  If we weighed that same weight now, we would probably would have placed around 45th out of the same 50 boat field...the competition has definitely gotten tougher over the years.  Jim Ruman and I caught just under 16lbs...that put us in 31st place. Cry

Congratulations to Mark, Stu, Mike and Henry...you guys really represented WBC well..3rd and 6th place are great finishes against the best anglers in the state.  I certainly plan on fishing this tourney again next year...it is always a lot of fun.

Bob

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 11/06/07 at 01:53:40
Quote Print Post  
congrats to mark/stu and henry/mike for their awesome showing at the tournament.  totally different approachs for nearly the same results.  jack and I finished with just short of 19lbs for a 20th place finish.  kinda dissapointing since we thought we had more weight on sunday than we did, oh well next time.  found our fish shallow near deep water and ended up catching 5 or 6 fish out of one very small shallow area.  thanks jack for a awesome weekend!  first tournament this year that i actually passed someone on blast-off  Grin.  i'll be back next year.

troy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo