Normal Topic On board charger (Read 1301 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

On board charger
09/28/07 at 17:53:41
Quote Print Post  
My charger on my boat went out AGAIN. I have one of those bass pro Promariner ones. The first one died after about 1.5yrs & they sent me a replacement & now 1yr later that is dead.
What will be a good replacement? I only have 2 battery so I don't need much but I sure don't want to buy Promariner again.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Re: On board charger
Reply #1 - 09/29/07 at 03:38:10
Quote Print Post  
any of them our pretty good now days but as with all electronics sooner or later there gonna fail, working on bass boats ive seen a rash of charger failures but they are getting better, the new boat manufactures are coming with minnkotas in them but i have had pretty good luck with guest chargers- just my two cents

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 10/01/07 at 17:19:16
Quote Print Post  
Bassboattech I would tend to agree with you but 2 chargers in 2 years & a long list of complaints on basspro website leads me to think
Promariner is crap. http://tinyurl.com/2of3qr

I have decided to get the Dual Pro Charger $219 3-year warranty tells me they have confidence in there product.
http://tinyurl.com/3abqc3

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 10/01/07 at 18:56:20
Quote Print Post  
Guest is really good and compact and I've also used Minn Kota with no problems in the past.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 10/02/07 at 13:57:34
Quote Print Post  
I would also lean towards the Minnkota or the Guest over the Dual Pro.  The DP's are a little bit heavier but seem to have more problems than the other two.  Dual Pro has good customer service, no doubt about it.  But having to send your unit back for a replacement means time off the water.  I've had Minnkota's in the last two boats and they have performed flawlessly.  If money is no object then the Stealth system is a hands down favorite.  My .02

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 10/02/07 at 23:11:38
Quote Print Post  
Ok I went with the Minnkota I didn't notice before that they also have 3yr warranty. Also Minnkota has a $25 rebate & I got a great price $150 less $25 make $125 for a 20amp 2 bank charger  Smiley
Thanks guys

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo