Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) troy wins all (Read 3432 times)
b_olson
Forum Member

troy wins all
09/24/07 at 02:04:38
Quote Print Post  
way to go man.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: troy wins all
Reply #1 - 09/24/07 at 02:54:06
Quote Print Post  
haha thanks oly  Kiss.  congrats on rookie of the year Brian!

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/24/07 at 19:03:59
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

Congrats on a great year. Its great to see a newbie at the top of the leader board. Good Luck next year.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/24/07 at 19:57:07
Quote Print Post  
I concurr.  Nicely done, and the tin boat is flying high, once again.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 09/24/07 at 20:58:11
Quote Print Post  
Great job!

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/24/07 at 23:18:29
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations Troy.  Smiley  You definitely figured out how to catch those elusive Lake Chelan smallies-The lake sure got tougher as the year progessed....

Bob

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/24/07 at 23:24:26
Quote Print Post  
thanks alot overyone.  it was really cool sunday morning everyone i walked past told me "go get em out there", and when i weighed in that afternoon i was overwhelmed by the onslaught of congragulatories.  i have been looking for a great club to stay in for a long time and i always suspected this was the one since i joined, but this whole year cemented those thoughts in my head.  once again thanks.

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/24/07 at 23:35:53
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

Your right I never imagined that 23lbs would win it. When I stuck all those fish in July I expected at least 36-40lbs. It was like catching fish in a barrel. You threw out and stuck a 5+ and 4 more were following it that were the same size or bigger, so you threw back out and caught another, and so on.

The wind was a good pattern as I took advantage of it on saturday fishing a point with Mark. I just couldn't put it together on Sunday and when my knee swelled up in the first hours of sunday and started to throb my attitude went down fast. We fished mostly deep due to not seeing any fish shallow at both ends of the lake but it wasn't to be.

I love Lake Chelan and if the wind didn't happen and the weather was stable we would have seen much bigger bags from all contestants.

Its great to see someone like Troy really figure it out like I did at last years event.

Russ

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 09/25/07 at 00:03:35
Quote Print Post  
thanks troy. im happy with rookie of the year. never though i would do that good this year.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/25/07 at 18:49:37
Quote Print Post  
Well, boys.  Now comes the fun part.  Remaining consistent for a season is an amazing feat, maintaining that level of performance is what makes tournament bass fishing year in and year out is what you are after.  See you on the water.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 09/25/07 at 21:08:59
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah!  Grin  I don't know what you mean, Kirk.  I will say it is tough to stay consistent in all tourney's and that what make the AOY race so fun.  Great job catching a couple sweet limits on a tough bite for most of the field, Troy.  This club has gotten so competitive it's hard to tell until the end of the season who is even gonna take it home.  It's usually someone different every year.  Tin to win!  Wait, you don't have to go 70 to win a bass tourney? Shocked

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 09/26/07 at 17:45:03
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

Many congratulations on your wins! It is awesome to see the Tracker taking home the hardware.

Chris

P.S. I apologize for leaving before the weigh-in. We usually stick around for all the events, but circumstances led to us having to leave early.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 09/28/07 at 04:24:34
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Troy & Brian!  Would like to congratulate the Couple of the Year and Female AOY as well.  Anybody know who won those?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #13 - 09/28/07 at 05:27:37
Quote Print Post  
Great Job Troy and Brian!! you guys showed what it takes and stayed focused when alot of us faded...Great Job!!

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #14 - 09/28/07 at 17:36:16
Quote Print Post  
Good job guys on the past year! Terry you don't have to go 70, but it's REALLY fun!

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo