Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Results of 2008 Lake Selection Vote (Read 5640 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Results of 2008 Lake Selection Vote
09/21/07 at 06:07:59
Quote Print Post  
Here are the results from the vote tonight.

ANYONE WHO WAS NOT AT THE MEETING TO VOTE ON LAKES AND COMPLAINS ON THIS FORUM WILL HAVE HIS or HER POST MARKED IN PINK STATING THAT HE OR SHE DID NOT VOTE.

April Draw - 1) Silver 2) Washington
May - 1) Moses Lake 2) Chelan
June - 1) Riffe 2) Whatcom
July (J&J) - 1) Roosevelt 2) Whatcom
August - 1) Tri Cities - Walula Pool 2) Long Lake (Spokane)
September - 1) Potholes 2) Banks
October Team - 1) Silver 2) Whatcom

Stu
« Last Edit: 09/21/07 at 14:02:26 by »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Results of 2008 Lake Selection Vote
Reply #1 - 09/21/07 at 15:59:12
Quote Print Post  
Stu,
I gotta say you crack me up!!  Post this in Pink for me, since I had to host a public hearing in front of 50 angry citizens last night and could not make the meetin', and I am not happy about missing the WBC meeting, because the club would have certainly heard from me about the May and June events.  By looking at the schedule, it may be a good time for me to jump into the NW circuit.  The two BEST bass lakes in the State are not even on the calendar until September when water levels are so low you can't fish anywhere.  

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/21/07 at 16:05:37
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for posting these, Stu. Your pink font threat seems a little harsh, though, considering there are so many reasons people can't make meetings. Complaining is just part of a club and unavoidable no matter how good its volunteers are.

Anyways, I hope this isn't construed as complaining, but I would recommend that the tournament director and board come up with a couple of back-up options for months where Lake Whatcom is a second option. I remember times in the past at the state permit drawings where we could have ended up with the same lake twice in one year.

The schedule looks pretty cool, CONSIDERING I WASN'T THERE TO VOTE. Of course, Riffe Lake is the WORST lake ever and I wouldn't have ever voted for it IF I HAD BEEN AT THE MEETING TO VOTE.

Just kidding around, Stu  Wink

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/21/07 at 16:14:18
Quote Print Post  
Looks like we tag teamed him, Kirk!!!  Grin

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/21/07 at 17:29:31
Quote Print Post  
I just want to say that maybe we consider a lake that carrries both largies and smallies for the draw tournament. It kinda sucks for new members that they learn about all the different ways to catch a largemouth. When almost all are tournies are based around smallies or a split bag of large and smallmouth. I love tradition, don't get me wrong. It just seems more reasonable. I wasn't at the meeting so I won't say anything about our lake selections. [color=#ff3333][/color] Except for I'm with Sarge and that Riffe is the most boring lake to fish.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #5 - 09/21/07 at 17:55:42
Quote Print Post  
Well that didn't take very long!  Grin Grin But I was wrong on my guess Roll Eyes.  I can't wait to hear some more Cry.  
Bring it!Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/21/07 at 18:00:56
Quote Print Post  
whaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa, Cry  Please put me in the pink.   Shocked   I'm with Sarge,  Riffe sucks.  Other than that lets go fishing.

Mark
« Last Edit: 09/24/07 at 03:35:03 by »  

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #7 - 09/22/07 at 17:16:45
Quote Print Post  
Gang,
  I think the funniest thing about "the whining" regarding Riffe is that there is ALWAYS a first place finisher, second place, third place and so on................  Why don't you ask them if "IT SUCKS"?  Keep in mind, though I wasn't there to vote either, showing up to each of the tournaments is a choice, not a requirement.  I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of driving all the way to Spokane to fish Long Lake and I haven't yet so more than likely, you won't see me there next year either, but whining about it.........  Don't go!  Good luck to all fishing Chelan this weekend!  I can't wait to hear the results!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/24/07 at 03:43:21
Quote Print Post  
Hey, guys. Your points are well made against the pink notices, but there were only about 25 people at this meeting, even though the board announced it at the August meeting, sent out an e-mail to all of the addresses on the list in the web site and sent an announcement in the newsletter.

I thought that more folks would show this year to vote for the lakes they really wanted, especially after the loud complaining about Lower Columbia, etc. by some members this year.

Once again, it was a very small group who voted for the clubs lakes. It's too late to do any good if you don't like them, so hopefully everyone will just get out and fish these lakes and have a good time.

Stu

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/24/07 at 18:53:39
Quote Print Post  
Stu,

That's Mark Maderos favorite color. Wink Even though I am not going to be in the club next year those picks aren't bad other than needing an airboat to fish the last event. So how we came up with that is my guess- Oh am I complaining no just making a statement Roll Eyes. Why the J&J is at a Dinkfest lake  Huh instead of Chelan is really perplexing? Am I complaining Grin Grin

Just messing with you Stu.

My last event was At The Wind Festival (Chelan).

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/24/07 at 19:55:21
Quote Print Post  
Ok, Ok...I figured that I got my $35 worth of moaning and groaning. Cry  Ron is so right about choices to fish or not.  But I will go to my grave saying Riffe sucks and Moses comes in a close second.  That said, I suppose I will fish them anyway, only because it is a great club. Kiss

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 09/24/07 at 20:29:29
Quote Print Post  
Let's go fishing!!!

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #12 - 09/25/07 at 13:44:52
Quote Print Post  
This isn't any fun at all! Smiley  Everybody is behaving like little angels, getting along  and agreeing with each other. Smiley

I want to hear some genuine moaning Tongue, crying Cry, and whining. Angry

How are we suppossed to have any fun here if everyone agrees on sometihing, even if reluctantly? Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #13 - 09/25/07 at 18:13:15
Quote Print Post  
I say we fish the lake where dude caught the 11.2 LB lunker! I think we can get 25 boats out there.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 09/25/07 at 18:43:45
Quote Print Post  
Smitty - Could have gone deep on this one, for sure, but as a past president and vp of the club, I know what it feels like to have your decisions constantly second guessed.  I respect everything everyone does to keep the club going strong.  It is not an easy job at all. 

Still think Riffe sucks Grin.....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo