Normal Topic M-YWedge (Read 1703 times)
basspro
Ex Member

M-YWedge
09/19/07 at 22:47:26
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys have you seen a new product called M-YWEDGE. Instead of that long transom saver you currently use, for $29.95 you can get this wedge that fits onto the prongs that is only about 8 inches long that snaps on and off very easily.

Russ

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Re: M-YWedge
Reply #1 - 09/19/07 at 23:33:14
Quote Print Post  
Russ, check out the similar one made by pro-rule.  I have it and like it much better. $50.00  Jack

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/20/07 at 02:06:23
Quote Print Post  
I have thought about them, the only thing that keeps me from getting them is that I like the long transom saver, as I feel it makes the whole boat, motor, trailer one full unit when towing.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/20/07 at 04:08:11
Quote Print Post  
I cut 2 pieces of 12 inch long by 2-inch diameter PVC pipe that I use over my prongs. It works the same way as those fancy ones. Cost about $5 for 10 feet of PVC pipe.

Stu

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 09/20/07 at 13:45:09
Quote Print Post  
Using systems like that do nothing to transfer the strain of the engine bouncing away from the transom.  You still have the weight of the engine pulling down against the top two thru-bolts in your transom. Lips Sealed
Like Chris, I prefer the traditional "Motor-Toter" style for long trips.Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/20/07 at 17:13:03
Quote Print Post  
Heres the other train of thought. Connecting the lower unit to the trailer transmits everything the trailer "feels" directly to the motor. Also, think about it, the stress the motor (and therefore the transom) goes through when flying down the lake in rough water are far greater than they will have in any normal trip on the trailer.  I watched my 225 Merc hammered for 2 years in the rear view mirror using the traditional long transom saver. Bought a Lock & Stow and now it is smooth sailing.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo