Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) October 6 Fish-In - Silver Lake (Cowlitz) (Read 6637 times)
Stu
Ex Member

October 6 Fish-In - Silver Lake (Cowlitz)
09/09/07 at 18:24:12
Quote Print Post  
October 6 Fish-In

For the October Fish-In, we are going to see what Silver Lake in Cowlitz County can produce for us in the early Fall. I considered going up North, but after talking to several people about how they love Silver in the Fall, I think we should really take advantage of this early October date (Oct. 6).

Carlos and Brian went down to Silver on this same weekend last year and tore them up on cranks and other reaction baits. I encourage you all to make the drive for what should be some good fishing.

We’ll launch at 7:00 am at the Public Launch. The drive is about 1.5 to 2.5+  hours, depending on where you live, so plan accordingly.

NON-BOATERS: While you are not required to arrange for a boat at Fish-Ins, this would be a good one to arrange for a ride down there. It’s a long drive, and some boaters will likely be looking for company and to share the gas expense.

Because the drive is so long, I am not going to set up a breakfast, but there are a few places just off the freeway a few exits south of Centralia, if you need some nourishment. There is also a gas station on the right hand side of the road across from Burger King on Hwy 504 that makes some breakfast items that will stick to your insides for week – it’s up to you whether that is a good or bad thing.

When: Saturday, October 6th  Meet at the Public Launch at 7:00 am
Where: Silver Lake, Cowlitz County  - Public Launch

Directions:    Take I-5 south about 2 hours from Tacoma;  Take Exit 49 (Spirit Lake HWY 504) ; Take  left off exit and go back over I-5 (Burger King is on your left);  Stay straight for Approximately 8-9 miles (Past the Silver Lake Motel & Resort);   Public launch is on the right hand side (follow the signs).

Stu

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: October 6 Fish-In - Silver Lake (Cowlitz)
Reply #1 - 09/09/07 at 21:07:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey how bout Spiffeys at 5am? always a great place to eat....its at the exit to Riffe/hwy 12.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #2 - 09/18/07 at 05:04:54
Quote Print Post  
Silver DOES produce in October!

Nuff Said  Cool

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/02/07 at 02:04:28
Quote Print Post  
So, who all is going? Huh

Stu

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #4 - 10/02/07 at 03:57:04
Quote Print Post  
Stu,
Me and Stacey are going to be at Silver but we were going to try and launch before 7, unless thats frowned upon?  We were still going to try and meet up and see how everyone did though, so what time does everyone usually meet?

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/02/07 at 06:34:42
Quote Print Post  
Joel,

No problem to launch early. I think you'll be launching in the dark, won't you?

We'll meet at 1 PM for lunch at the state launch.

Stu

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #6 - 10/02/07 at 07:01:30
Quote Print Post  
Well I was planning to launch between 6:30 and 7, which turned out to be right at daylight last weekend?  If theres fog then I'll probably be waiting for everyone else to show up.  It's just that there were quite a few other boats this last weekend so I was trying to get an early start.  The good thing is that I think riffle deer season starts this weekend so I don't know if we will see a lot of other boats on the water?  Either way I'll see you at the launch at 1 PM.  Should be some good fish caught.  Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #7 - 10/02/07 at 11:44:59
Quote Print Post  
ill be there....

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #8 - 10/05/07 at 02:08:17
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Dudes and Dudettes,

I plan to be there. I have Friday off ( Grin) and I am driving down Friday and sore mouthing some bass before everyone else.
Wink

See Ya at the Launch Saturday morning.

Phil

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #9 - 10/05/07 at 19:19:16
Quote Print Post  
Stu

I am hoping to be there.

Daryl

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 10/07/07 at 03:51:49
Quote Print Post  
What happened fellas ?

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/07/07 at 04:18:40
Quote Print Post  
We had a good time, but the fishing was tough. The weather wasn't too bad. Off and on heavy winds, but mostly clear and no real rain.

Water temps were COLD - most of the lake was 50 degrees. The fish were acting like it is winter already.

Carlos had big fish with a 4 lb 9 oz largemouth (from the back of the mighty Lund, of course).

Daryl had a couple of fish around two lbs each, but other than that, things were pretty dry.

Thanks to Joel and Stacey, Daryl, Larry, Jose, Phil and Carlos for coming out. We also had two guests who are friends of Troy K. - Rob and Rodney, who we talked with and may be interested in checking out the club.

I had hot dogs and chili with me, but we decided to go to Papa Pete's, of course.

Good times...

Stu
« Last Edit: 10/07/07 at 22:22:42 by »  

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/07/07 at 05:12:52
Quote Print Post  
Carlos' 4 lb 9 oz big fish

Stu

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #13 - 10/17/07 at 04:06:55
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Just a short note to say thank you to those of you that where there, an impressive turn out knowing that in just the next week ya'll had a tourney on Lake Washington.  Rob and I where very gratefull for the warm welcome and again thankfull for the willingness of you all to share lake info and secrets.  We are looking forward to a good year upcoming.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/17/07 at 04:12:17
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Rodney.

Good to see you on the site. Let me know if you need anything.

Hope to see you guys again soon. Our meeting this Thursday at 7:00 will be our skills challenge. It is a lot of fun and you are welcome to join us.

Meeting directions: http://www.westernbassclub.com/western-bass-map.htm

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo