Normal Topic 3 Lakes in 2days (Read 2038 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

3 Lakes in 2days
08/21/07 at 17:25:50
Quote Print Post  
Went to Eastern WA to see what real summer weather feels like. We camped at Lincoln Rock State park in Wenatchee A very nice park. We got there Tuesday 8/14/07 about 2pm it was very hot 90+ yes warm I love it. Set up camp & I launched the boat after dinner in to Lake Entiat its just a dam part of the Colombia. I got 1 tiny SM with in the 1 hour I fished & that was it. Next day I hit the lake early & started to notice the weeds were real bad so bad it you could not get to shore in most spots. Any how I fished all day nothing but squaw fish  Angry I kept telling those fish i am not Chuck so stay off my bait.
I made a change in plans the next day I went to Wapatoad about a 45min drive I got there at 9am I got a 2.8 on topwater then the wind came up at 11am I got 4 more fish a 2 & 3 @1 LB I also saw some huge fish & if I was not moving so fast I might have got them
The wind got so bad I got off the lake at 2:30
I stopped at Lake Chelan on the way back I knew I could fish in the canal next to the dam & stay out of the wind.I got 2 SM @1lb in the canal. I move to the main lake & got pounded by the wind but I was able to get 5 more fish just staying in Spaders Bay My best was 2lb I was off the lake by 6pm.
It was my first time fishing these lakes except Chelan I have fished it 3 times before but I never have got out of the canal because every time I have been there the wind is so bad I cant get my little boat on the main lake. Cry

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Re: 3 Lakes in 2days
Reply #1 - 08/27/07 at 20:50:18
Quote Print Post  
Don't just right off Entiat. There is some good smallie fishing there. It takes some time to learn it though. I took Russell Baker to one of my holes there and I think if you ask him he is a believer. There is a lot of dead water there and it takes a lot of fishing there to weed it out. I have about four spots there that have been very reliable for me in the past. Since I no longer have my own boat I have not been over there much in recent years. If you ever need a back seater that has some time on the water over there I gladly volunteer my services.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo