Normal Topic Jig heads and weights... (Read 718 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Jig heads and weights...
08/08/07 at 00:28:45
Quote Print Post  
Now that I am pouring my own weights and jig heads, I've discovered that there a infinite number of styles and weights.  Some of them are unusual and interesting - you don't see them around here.  I spend a lot of time on E-bay looking for certain molds because there are some things (like 1 oz football jigs - which I have now by the way) that are not always locally available.

So... I was thinking:  what jig head styles and weights do you use most that you wish you had a local source for?

I have no interest in making any money off this - I was just thinking that if I knew of 3 or 4 guys in the club who were looking for a certain type of weight or jig, and I saw a cheap mold on E-bay, I'd buy the mold for my collection and pour the lead for club members at cost.  Just a way of giving back to the club.  

Any suggestions...????  Any thing in lead products on your wish list?  

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Re: Jig heads and weights...
Reply #1 - 08/08/07 at 08:13:35
Quote Print Post  
I would be really interested in meeting w/ you sometime to talk about shaky head jigs.  It is more the hook than the head part though - but I don't think any body puts a big enough hook on their shaky head jigs or at the right angle either.  Plus a lot of them suck for holding the worm against the head.

A second pretty tough one to find is flat jig heads ( flat like this "I" aka skinny not like this "-" aka flattened)  these are good for fishing through the grass but I have only ever seen them on the really heavy grass jigs by one maker.   

And it would be nice to find a jig that has a slot for holding both the skirt and the rattle and then still have a wire or something to grab a trailer.   

Don't know if there are molds for these but just a few ideas...  Jon

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Jig heads and weights...
Reply #2 - 08/08/07 at 19:01:14
Quote Print Post  
There is only one shaky head that works with out the bait sliding down or the keeper ripping up the bait The Bagley brand uses a cone shape keeper & the hooks are much longer then most others. Get them at Sport Co or Auburn marine.
IMO the blade keepers are not very good they rip the bait up too much I like the cone & if my bait does slide off I can glue it.
Screw lock keepers are difficult to get the bait on straight & the screw wire falls off after a short time.
I would like to get a 1/4 football head with a longer heavier hook. I miss too many fish due to short strikes or they pick the bait up by the tail & never get the hook

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo