Normal Topic Valley Marine Banks Tournament (Read 1186 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Valley Marine Banks Tournament
08/07/07 at 15:16:32
Quote Print Post  
A big congrats goes to Team Legend Nick Barr and partner for finishing in the money. Stalhman/Dover, Baker/Bettis just out of the money with 19+lbs. Took just under 25 to win this year as Hall/Petroski take the win again.

Prefished and found lots of 3's and 4's up shallow. Saturday found wind come up strong and blow our pattern out only could manage a little over 8lbs and sunday winds calmed in upper half of lake and weighed just under 11lbs. Took 21+ to be in the money.

Well run event and was surprised not to see more WBC'ers there. Huh Huh

Had a blast. Smiley

Russ

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Re: Valley Marine Banks Tournament
Reply #1 - 08/09/07 at 20:55:29
Quote Print Post  
I had a great time at this event. I would certainly reccomend that more people fish this tournament. I pre fished Banks the day before the J & J. I had found some deeper fish in the 15-30 foot range on a KGM Craw and a Big Jighead. Then I found some shallower fish after losing a 4 pounder and landing another 2+  before we were going to head back in.

Come tournament time, me and my partner Levi (16 Also) fished for the first 2 hours without a bite shallow, the he caught one on a dropshot in about 15 feet. Then we started moving deeper, Throwing from 15 to 25 feet and it was constant 2 pound fish. The first day we had 10.38 Lbs.

The Second day, Levi misplaced the keys after getting into one of my locked storage boxes, so we fished the first part of the tournament on the trolling motor. Within the first 30 min. We caught a 2 3/4, and two smaller 1 1/2 fish.  Then My moms boyfriend found the keys on the road (Levi left them on the fender where nobody could see them) We got went across the lake and got the keys, then ran back across the lake. In the Heat and sun, we caught a 3 1/4 Largie on a topwater and then fished deeper and got one more 2 pounder. We came in with a little over 11 1/4 lbs.

We had quite an interesting weekend and it was our first event as a team. So it was a lot of fun. We finished 7th, which was the first place to win money. 

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/10/07 at 02:19:17
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Just wanted to say way to go on keeping your focus. You guys did great and hope to see you out there next year.

Congrats again.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/10/07 at 06:30:02
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Russ, We will certainly fish it next year, it is a great event.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo