Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Aug. 11 Fish-In moved to Lake Washington (Read 7012 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Aug. 11 Fish-In moved to Lake Washington
08/01/07 at 20:48:56
Quote Print Post  
Alder Lake is even lower than it was last week. Most people have said they don't want Kapowsin, Clear Lake is too small, and St Clair is a long ways from where we were going anyway, so...

I have moved the Aug. 11 Fish-In to Lake Washington.

Everyone I have heard from is doing well on Washington right now, and it is close for most people. We'll go explore a new lake another month.

If you know of a member or guest who was planning to go, please call them and let them know about the change. I'll reach out to as many people as I can.

When:  Saturday, August 11, 2006             

Where:  Lake Washington, Mercer Launch   

Meet at 4:00 am for breakfast… OR… meet at the launch at 5:30 am.   

Directions to Denny’s:   
Merge onto I-405 N toward BELLEVUE/EVERETT. 5.15 mi. Take the NE 44TH ST exit, EXIT 7. 0.27 miles. Turn LEFT onto NE 44TH ST. 0.16 miles. NE 44TH ST becomes LAKE WASHINGTON BLVD N.   
0.07 miles. 4750 N.E. LAKE   WASHINGTON BLVD. RENTON WA  98056   

Directions to the Launch:   
From Hwy 405 take the I-90 towards Seattle . Take exit 8 (East Mercer Way) . At the intersection, turn left (south) onto   
E Mercer Way. Go back across I-90 and take the first left after the freeway on ramp. This will go down the hill to the launch .     Launch fee is $7.00   

Stu

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Re: Aug. 11 Fish-In moved to Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 08/09/07 at 05:00:04
Quote Print Post  
We have 4 - 5 backseaters already who need boaters for this Saturday. Please let me know if you are coming to Lake Wa.

Thanks,
Stu

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/10/07 at 03:16:13
Quote Print Post  
on the fence on this one got my wisdom teeth yanked today so i'm gonna play it by day.  hope to make it out though. btw i will be a single so could accommodate a back seater

troy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 08/10/07 at 04:29:05
Quote Print Post  
I'm fencin it too depending on how I do in am fishin slimers at redondo...saw schools of pink salmon cruising the shore and wanna try some buzzbombs friday am...that traffic stuff is something I want to not get mixed up with but will prob. go with ya'll

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 08/10/07 at 04:53:05
Quote Print Post  
I am going.  I may launch at Coulon and make an early morning RUN to Mercer to meet up.  Should be good for my engine, been idling alot the last few trips.
See Ya there.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 08/10/07 at 21:29:58
Quote Print Post  
What about parking for non boaters? The 90 launch has pay sites but its for boat trailers only.
I am still not sure if I will make it just depends if I can get to sleep.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #6 - 08/10/07 at 22:29:49
Quote Print Post  
I would go if it's ok with the old lady.  It's her birthday and I don't think she'll like it if I go fishing that day.  Maybe I can go and come back before she wakes up.   Undecided  If I do go, I'm only going to out there until 11am before I have to go to work.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #7 - 08/11/07 at 00:09:51
Quote Print Post  
Says: She might not mind you going fishing as much as you calling her an old lady  Wink

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 08/11/07 at 04:54:28
Quote Print Post  
Sorry guys...have an ongoing trailer wiring short to work on.....good luck all....should have not tried the slimer thing...BAD LUCK ALWAYS FOLLOWS SLIMERS Tongue

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/12/07 at 02:48:31
Quote Print Post  

The 3 way works in August too......

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/12/07 at 02:49:56
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 08/12/07 at 03:09:05
Quote Print Post  

3.3 lber, and one smaller.  Most of me and John's fish came on drop shot rigs.  Fished til 4pm, caught over 10 fish each, nothing huge though.  Fun day on the water.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/12/07 at 03:34:00
Quote Print Post  
We had a great Fish-In today. Thanks to Pat S., Jim R., Jon, Chris B, Jose, Faz, Mark M. and our new member Scott W.

The weather was perfect and most everyone caught a fair number of fish. Jim R. had the big fish of 4 lb 9 oz smallie. Several people caught fish between 2 and 4 lbs. The fish were acught from all over the lake. Many on dropshots and tubes (and some on 3-ways).

The brats were actually very good today (Thanks to everyone for trying to make be feel better about the brats at Lawrence) but now that they turned out good, I see how bad they were before.

Washington turned out to to be a very good substitute for Alder today.

Thanks again, everyone who came out.

Stu

IP Logged

PSAngler
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/17/07 at 06:08:03
Quote Print Post  
Hey Gang,

I just figured out how to post here and wanted to take a second on my first post to publically thank Stu for graciously inviting me out on his boat for last Saturday's Fish-In on Lake Washington.   I had a great time and learned a lot from him and his other guest Mark~Hopefully I wasn't too much trouble as the 'F.N.G.'   Grin  

Anyway, there's a really cool friendly vibe in the club and I look forward to sore-mouthing more fish with you guys in the future.

Tight Lines,

Scott

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/17/07 at 15:03:14
Quote Print Post  
Scott,
  Glad to have you and welcome aboard.  It was a pleasure to have you out there and see you having some success.  Keep with it and you will be rewarded with some great times and great fishing with this club.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo