Normal Topic Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop (Read 1223 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop
07/30/07 at 01:57:26
Quote Print Post  
I was in Las Vegas for 4 days and convinced my wife we HAD to go to see the Bass Pro Shop at the Silverton.  

So... here's the question:  Has anyone been there?  When you take away the archary, hunting, boats, and miles of clothes and shoes - I was a little disappointed in the fishing portion of the store.  Maybe I was expecting too much but there was stuff I was looking for that I couldn't find.  For instance I was going to pick up a couple of 1 oz spinnerbaits - they had nothing larger than 1/2 oz.  I could give several other examples but what I really want to know is this...

Is the BPS in Las Vegas the same size as the other stores around the country, or is this one smaller?  I've only been to this one so I have nothing to compare to.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop
Reply #1 - 07/30/07 at 02:15:23
Quote Print Post  
It is indeed smaller, and quite a disappointment.  I went there a few years ago, and the $40 round trip cap fare convinced me online was much better.

That said, BPS in Orlando, FL is MUCH better.  And I would rate the one in Garland Texas in between the two - the lighting in the tackle area is terrible - but the selection is better than the one in Vegas.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/30/07 at 02:53:00
Quote Print Post  
Rev,  I stopped at the one in Tennessee near Nashville.  It had plenty of fishing items and was very large.  The boat section there was smaller and it didn't have all of their famous Nitro line there, but the fishing was overwhelming.  I couldn't spend more than two hours there due to flight times, but would love to go back.  My two cents worth.

Chuck P

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 07/30/07 at 13:50:05
Quote Print Post  
I've been in eight diferent ones, and they all are different in size and selection.  The home store in Springfield MO is by far the most diverse but not quite as big as one would expect.  Each store tends to market towards their area.  that is in Baltimore it gears more toward hunting and saltwater fishing, while Orlando leans to saltwater fishing as well as freshwater bass fishing and Chicago tlilts to the great lakes fishery. 
I'll be in Vegas on the 23rd of September and I'll be interested in seeing how it differes from the others.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/30/07 at 15:04:28
Quote Print Post  
I have been to one in Nashville and Springfield. They are both big and have a good selection. The Store in Springfield is big, but the fishing section wasnt as big as I thought it would be, but it was still HUGE, the best aprt about the one in Springfield is the outlet store.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo