Normal Topic New To Seattle! (Read 1964 times)
JonM
Ex Member

New To Seattle!
07/27/07 at 07:48:53
Quote Print Post  
Just moved here from Texas and want to start bass fishing ASAP - like this weekend.  I would love to join some clubs and start fishing some tournaments, or just find some fishing partners.  I have a little bass buster 2man type that is good for small waters. 

Basically, I am just looking for as much info right now as possible...  If any one is free to do some fishing and show me around (my boat or yours), what clubs to join, where I can go on my own and catch some bass, where to get maps, more help, etc. 

I live off of 89th and Rosevelt. 

I need to go fishing this weekend! Thanks, Jon

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: New To Seattle!
Reply #1 - 07/27/07 at 14:17:48
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Jon...feel free to check out the site we have lots of info in all the departments listed....alot of the club members are going east this weekend to Lake Roosevelt for our annual Jack-N-Jill tournament but some folks are staying close...check out the ambassador fish-in events page for info on our next fish-in for new or perspective members going out on the 11th so lets get busy huh! Grin

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/30/07 at 15:07:12
Quote Print Post  
WELCOME, Now to tell you, the fish are not as big as in Texas, but I can tell you that you will be entranced into the world of Smallmouth up here, if you have not fished for them much, you will be surprised. To get tackle and Maps, etc. OUTDOOR EMPORIUM is down right south of Safeco Field on 4th avenue.

WELCOME!!!!

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/31/07 at 04:07:05
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Jon.

Please join us at our monthly meeting in Renton on August 16.

(Directions: http://www.westernbassclub.com/western-bass-map.htm )

It would be great to meet you and tell you about the club. We are also having a "Fish-In" on August 11 at LAKE WASHINGTON (See post at http://www.westernbassclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1183925437 for info and directions and http://www.westernbassclub.com/about-the-western-bass-club.htm for info on the club and our events in general.)

You are welcome to join us for your first fish-in without joining the club.

Our annual dues are only $35. If you decide to join the club, we can set you up with an "Ambassador," someone who will tak eyou out fishing and show you some local waters and techniques.

Hope to meet you soon.

Stu
Ambassador Director
« Last Edit: 08/07/07 at 02:43:17 by »  

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/06/07 at 20:37:25
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys, I will def. try and make a meeting soon.  However I don't think I will be able to make a fish in till October bc of work.  I would still love to go fishing w/ anyone before then - prefishing or whatever I am game and will split expenses.  See yall soon, Jon

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/10/07 at 05:54:30
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Jon.

I just sent you a PM. You can access it at the link at the top of the page.

Stu

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/10/07 at 18:42:32
Quote Print Post  
TrucknMusic,

Where in Texas are you from? I lived in Houston for over 25 years myself.
Welcome to WBC and its great forum.

Russ

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/15/07 at 07:55:07
Quote Print Post  
Russ, I am from San Antonio but lived the past 4 years in Austin.  It's good to hear other Texas anglers have been able to adapt to fishing up here.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/21/07 at 05:39:19
Quote Print Post  
Truck,

Have fished Lake Travis many times myself as I have family there now. You will adapt pretty easily, just make sure you have a couple of spinning rods as those were the rods I had to add to my arsenal when I moved here.

Get rid of the rope except for the flipping stick.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo