Normal Topic jack and jill at potholes (Read 3158 times)
Tubetric
Forum Member

The fun of fishing is
the friends you make!!!!!!!!

jack and jill at potholes
07/24/07 at 01:12:56
Quote Print Post  
My wife and I choose to go to Potholes for the jack and jill this past weekend for alittle fun in the sun with no kids and limited cell use. NorthEnd did agreat job on the tourny lots and lots of great raffle prizes wine being the most popular to some. They also had a barbecue that was included in the 100dollar entery. The cue was great and the fellowship was also nice with all the other jack and jills.The fishing on the other hand needed to be alot better. 1st place won about 1500 for BIG fish and  the top spot. With a total of 6 fish for two days. So that tells you it was tuff, I dont even think there was a limit the whole weekend. The wife and I got lots of sun and sand in the face from the dunes that we drove up on and skipped over ever so gently in the new Ranger. But all and all it was alot of fun and nice to be with the wife the whole weekend and just relax. Hope to see more of you there next year.

Mack

&& &&

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re:  jack and jill at potholes
Reply #1 - 07/24/07 at 02:41:03
Quote Print Post  
Good to hear that it went well Mack!!! what a difference a month makes on that fishery!! Wink

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 07/24/07 at 21:14:44
Quote Print Post  
Deirdre and I were in attendance, as were the "just out of the money" Dovers(Henry & Angie) It was a tough bite but none the less it was a blast! It sure is a different body of water this time of year. The dunes now owns every bit of paint that was factory installed on my skeg!! Jack

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/24/07 at 22:32:23
Quote Print Post  
Jack,

Atleast you did not hit any stumps or got stuck on a sand dune.

Russ

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 07/25/07 at 02:45:12
Quote Print Post  
Russ, I drew boat #1 at blast off (8:00 a.m.) and was high n dry on a dune by 8:07!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/26/07 at 05:34:25
Quote Print Post  
Jack,

So how long did it take to get off of it. Yes Potholes can be challenging in July but when you find the fish on the stick ups it can be an absolute slay fest on the big fish. Have stuck my old boat several times in the past and one time it took over an hour to get off of one.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo