Normal Topic Night fishing - Lake Washington (Read 1468 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Night fishing - Lake Washington
07/10/07 at 23:58:04
Quote Print Post  
Went out last night on Lake Washington and did a little night fishing - had a great time even though there was north wind early on.  When it stopped blowing, I picked up a few fish, but about 1:00 I finally figured out what I was doing wrong - retrieving my crankbait too fast.  After getting it down to the right depth I moved it only fast enough to keep it moving - the result was 15 fish in the next 2 hours with the largest at 4 pounds even.  I have never had to go that slow before at night - but I tested the speed control very thoroughly.  The same cast at regular speed - nothing!  But crawl it in the same place - fish on.  It was fun - had the lake all to myself - warm but not hot - no bugs yet.  Looking forward to Friday's fish-in!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Night fishing - Lake Washington
Reply #1 - 07/13/07 at 18:15:23
Quote Print Post  
the night fish in inspired me and a few friends to hit the lake last night from 9:30-12:30.  all in all we got 6 smallies with the largest at around 3-3.5 i suspect.  fish were caught on spinnerbaits and crankbaits.  it was alittle breezy and we had some lightning in the distance but overall we had a good time.  good luck at the fish-in

we also dropped a crawdad pot and came back at the end of the night to find two monsters in it. they were like 7in long.  Shocked

troy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo