Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) August 11 Fish In - Alder Lake - moved to Lake WA (Read 10979 times)
Stu
Ex Member

August 11 Fish In - Alder Lake - moved to Lake WA
07/08/07 at 20:10:36
Quote Print Post  
The August Fish-In will be at Alder Lake on August 11.

If you would like to meet for breakfast, we will be meeting at Denny's on Hwy 7 (Mountain Hwy) at 4:00 am - or meet at the launch at Alder Lake at 5:30 am.

Directions to Denny's (on the right across from Wal-Mart on Hwy 7.)

Denny's
20420 Mountain Hwy.
Spanaway,WA 98387

OPTION 1:
- I-5 toward TACOMA/PORTLAND. 33.7 miles (From Seattle)
- Take the WA-512 E exit- exit number 127- toward SOUTH TACOMA
WAY/PUYALLUP. 0.1 miles
- Merge onto WA-512 E toward SOUTH TACOMA WAY. 2.2 miles
- Take the WA-7/PACIFIC AVE. exit toward PARKLAND/SPANAWAY.
0.3 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto PACIFIC AVE S/WA-7 S. 4.4 miles
- Follow Hwy 7 to the left ay the "Roy Y" to 20420 Mountain Hwy.

OPTION 2:
- Come South on Hwy 167, merge onto Hwy 512, follow to take the WA-7/ PACIFIC AVE. exit toward PARKLAND/ SPANAWAY.
- This exit has a tight right curve .
- At the stop sign at the end of the exit, turn left and take another left onto PACIFIC AVE S/WA-7.
- Follow Hwy 7 to the left ay the "Roy Y" to 20420 Mountain Hwy.

Directions to Alder Lake Launch:

http://www.tacomapower.com/parksandpower/parks_recreation/recreation/boating.htm...

"Open year-round, lake level permitting, the Alder Lake Boat Launch is the first area you come to as you enter Alder Lake Park. The boat launch includes a two-lane launch with dock, parking and restrooms. See Map below.

From Tacoma, take Interstate 5 south to State Route 512. Travel east on SR 512 about 2 miles to the Pacific Avenue exit (SR 7). Go south on SR 7 about 27 miles to the intersection with School Road at the Alder Parks Store. Turn right and follow the signs to Alder Lake Park."

« Last Edit: 08/01/07 at 20:49:45 by »  

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: August 11 Fish In - Alder Lake
Reply #1 - 07/08/07 at 22:40:26
Quote Print Post  
another option for those coming south is to take the meridian st exit in the south hill area.  you can follow this all the way to eatonville then take the alder lake cutoff ( left at fourway stop in town).  then follow this till you hit the lake at the T.  take a right and your a the boat launch.

troy

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 07/09/07 at 16:51:14
Quote Print Post  
Oh man I will be out of town for a wedding. I would have loved to fish this one I fish Alder 3 to 4 times a week. I hope you all have fun

IP Logged

Lucky_13
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/17/07 at 21:48:10
Quote Print Post  
I followed the link and looked at the map.  There are NO-WAKE AREAS - Yea!  And there are NON-MOTORIZED areas.  I wondered about the interpretation of NON-MOTORIZED, so I sent an contacted Tacoma Power and asked the following:

I have a question about the "NON MOTORIZED" areas.  I have a strong electric motor and can operate nicely without using my standard outboard.  Can I enter those areas and operate like that, or am I excluded because I have a gas engine on the boat at all?

Here is their answer:

Subject: RE: Gas and electric propulsion

Mr. Groebl,
Thanks for asking about the no-wake and non-motorized zones at Alder Lake.

You are welcome to enter the non-motorized zones using your electric trolling motor, even if you have gas outboard on board.

Thanks for your feedback on these zones. I wish you the best of luck fishing!

Pam Hefley
Tacoma Power

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 07/18/07 at 14:04:07
Quote Print Post  
Alder lake report

The lake is about 30 to 40 feet. I was out twice last week and only got two fish if the water starts going up the fishing will get better but as for now it has been tuff.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 07/18/07 at 17:02:28
Quote Print Post  
Hey Ripalip 30-40 feet cant be right when I was there it was 200-300feet deep in spots unless there is more then one Alder lake.
I went there 2x last year In late June or early July I got about 12 LM on spinner baits,they were guarding fry. We went back to camp there in late August & they had let the water way down like 15feet lower then before this made fishing tough in 2 days I only got 1 3lb SM & a 4lb largemouth
I think the water will be down when the fish-in happens. The launch might be tricky if water is too low but should be ok.
The pleasure boaters are rude there & don't obey the no wake zones ( no different then lot of lakes) what is crazy there are stumps all over & you see water skiers zoom in to those spots.
I will be there skiers or no skiers it's a fun lake to fish Smallmouth Largemouth & I got some huge crappie also.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 07/18/07 at 18:16:22
Quote Print Post  
When was the last time you were out there? When I was out there last week the dock was almost out of the water and you had to beach your boat. Last year was about the same but not as low as it is now in the past it has been full during May and June when the fish are on beds but this year I never seen a largemouth on a bed due to most of there beds were out of water. This is a great lake for both largemouth and smallmouth. I still wish I could fish this one but will be out of town

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/25/07 at 04:55:16
Quote Print Post  
Brian Walker went to Alder on Saturday and he said that the water was so low he couldn't launch his boat. I think that we need to move the fish-in to another lake this time. Lyle said that the lake usually doesn't come back up if it is this low at the end of July.

Options are Kapowsin or Clear in the south 9we could still meet at the same Denny's for breakfast, or
Sammamish or Washington in the north.

What do you guys think?

Stu

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/25/07 at 05:29:06
Quote Print Post  
Definately Clear Lake, Clear Lake CALIFORNIA IT IS!!!!!! The club is going to be paying all of our gas to get down there and back!!!!!

I WISH!!!

I would vote for RIFFE for the fish in, but Clear Lake in Pierce would be nice to fish.  Even OFFUT down here in Thurston

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 07/25/07 at 13:25:50
Quote Print Post  
I hav'nt been to Clear Lake Riffe is good for me but Sammmamish is a challenge too...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Kapowsin could have a great Topwater bite by then.....

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/25/07 at 15:42:23
Quote Print Post  
I can't make this fish-in, but I have heard that Clear Lake is the bomb...

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #11 - 07/25/07 at 16:35:01
Quote Print Post  
Clear sounds like fun I have never been & I am always up for new water.
I just don't want to get up so early I need my beauty sleep.
Smiley

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/25/07 at 18:33:14
Quote Print Post  
I would vote for Clear since I have not been there either.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/25/07 at 19:37:12
Quote Print Post  
St. Claire is an option as well. Great top water bite in the am and have caught some5-7's out of there as well.

And over half the lake is a no wake zone.

Russ

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - 07/25/07 at 19:52:49
Quote Print Post  
Although I'm not fishing this but I fish clear lake a lot I just thought I would give you some info.

#1 There is a rock hump behind your boat when you launch that if you are trimmed down to far you can hit I push my boat off and let it float past the hump.

#2 There is not much room to beach your boat

#3 Boat traffic if it is a nice day there will be a lot of jet skiers and water skiers the lake is not very big and when there is a lot of boat traffic the fishing is very tuff. I normally will fish early in the morning or in the evening to avoid all of the boat traffic.

All of this said this is a fun lake to fish and has both largemouth and smallmouth in it.

Other lakes in the area would be Ohop or Tanawax both are largemouth lakes Ohop has a speed limit 8mph from 3pm to 11am

Thayne

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo