Normal Topic Do I have a fish story (Read 860 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Do I have a fish story
07/01/07 at 16:49:14
Quote Print Post  
Yesterday 6/30/07 I decided to hit a small lake that I have not fished all year.(it will remain nameless for now) Got on the water kind of late around 10:30. As luck would have it I found a pattern by 11am & got a 3.5lbr LM Then I missed one I set the hook to soon Embarrassed
Few minutes later a 3-4lbr takes my lure right at the boat I set the hook & snap!!!!! Line breaks  Angry Got a few others nothing big but I can see pattern is now changing they are busting bait on top. I try a top water but no luck so I switch to a sinko. As I come up to a dock I have fished many times & only ever got small fish from I make a cast & yup tap tap it's a small bass I can tell I reel him in he is less the 1lb but as he comes to the boat there is a HUGE bass with him looks like 8lbs I leave my fish in the water for a sec to let them swim together so I can get a good look when all of the sudden the 8 look me right in the eye and inhales the fish on my hook Cheesy WOW!!! At this point every thing goes in slow motion I can hear every beat of my hart (and I think I pee a little ) I drop my rod tip for a hook set  I see her head turn as I rip the fish out of her mouth  Cry noooooooooo I scream but no sound comes out of my mouth but I am sure there was sound when the cursing began. So I think what the heck it's a hot day and & the fish on my hook might need to stay cool in the water for a little longer Wink and what do you know that 8lbr came back but not to eat just to rub it in before plunging back to the deep.
Needles to say I was a wreck after that & only got a few more small fish..................
I am still beating my self up with the what if & why didn't i open the bail & give her more time to get the hook & how come I don't have a baby bass swim baits.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Do I have a fish story
Reply #1 - 07/01/07 at 18:10:00
Quote Print Post  
Bass,

I had a similiar situation happen to me like that about 3 years ago. While on Lake WA I was skipping docks with a Senko. I skipped this one dock and stuck one that was about 4-1/2 (LM), while pulling this fish out away from the dock six other fish followed my hooked fish out. Now a 4-1/2 lb largie is not huge by weight but in size is not a bad fish. The other six fish were larger than the one I had hooked and the largest was easily over 10 as she was easily twice the size as the one I had hooked.

I pulled my fish out of the water and when I did the other fish swam back underneath the same dock.

I tried for over an hour to catch the big one, but was not interested.

I feel your pain,
Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Do I have a fish story
Reply #2 - 07/01/07 at 19:21:00
Quote Print Post  
thats just awesome.  i dont know how anyone that fishes wouldnt of done the same thing you did.  btw this report is fueling my swimbait fire, and i just dropped fifty bucks on soft plastic ones on friday.  cant wait till they get here.

troy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo