Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Do we still have a club??? (Read 2623 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Do we still have a club???
07/01/07 at 04:35:30
Quote Print Post  
Hello....is there anybody out there??? Cheesy

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Do we still have a club???
Reply #1 - 07/01/07 at 05:15:44
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

We apparently have a club of listeners, (readers), but lately no one has anything to say about fishing.  (Hmmm... fishermen with no stories to tell).  OR... they are all too busy out on the water fishing and hauling them in.  So Larry, what do you wanna talk about?  I'm on Sabbatical and have time to chat.  Ofcourse, I haven't purchased a new truck lately, so I don't have a lot to get excited about like some folks we know.  Then again, you've been a little quiet on the website lately - are you grieving a little over letting the "turtle" go?  

Tell you what - let's stir it up a little.  You start three new subjects and I'll do the same.  Let's wake'm up some.  Deal?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 07/01/07 at 16:19:14
Quote Print Post  
Okay, your on Chuck.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/01/07 at 18:01:29
Quote Print Post  
Chuck/Larry,

Here is a subject for you. Was out on Lake WA yesterday with an employee of mine and was stumped as to where all the perch have gone? I spent 8 hours of fishing for these little gems and only caught 4 keepers with all my efforts. My employee did manage his first 2-3/4lb smallie on a drop shot.

Any ideas?

I fished from 8-60 feet off of grass, docks, and rock.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 07/01/07 at 19:26:32
Quote Print Post  
I think you are doing exactly what I would do Russ but with all the availiable forage in the water right now they have no reason to school up for protection so you have to run and gun for the 20-40 fish schools rather than the 2000 fish schools.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #5 - 07/01/07 at 23:42:23
Quote Print Post  
Russ

Henry and I were out there and found some nice perch south of the unnamed point.... Crap I have been sitting here trying to remember the name of the point. Starts with a "P" I think? Pyle Driving Pelican Pete? No that's not it.

North of the I-90 bridge and on the east side. Everybody fishes the darn thing. I am sure you know what the name of it was. Did not fish long, I had to go into work on Saturday afternoon.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/02/07 at 00:36:33
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

I thought that was you used I passed on the east side. Thats Grote point. We tried that for our first spot and caught 8-10 but only 4 were keepers. We saw several schools in there following Stickle Backs just above the weeds but as Larry put it they were on the move and hard to stay on. The schools of perch also had large trout roaming with them.

Run and gun I did as the schools were hard to find. Decided to smallie fish after we couldn't find and we stuck two.

Russ

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/02/07 at 04:16:25
Quote Print Post  
I caught a few nice ones by accident when trolling a crankbait (down 17 feet in 19-20 feet of water) along the weed edges.  But fact is, this year (from winter fishing on) has been different from everyother of the 15 years I have been fished Lake Washington.  Maybe the weird weather - maybe a change in the food chain - maybe the way I hold my mouth... tiz a puzzlement!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 07/02/07 at 04:18:14
Quote Print Post  
I've caught more squawfish than perch in Washington this year, and you guys aren't the only people that are puzzled.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #9 - 07/03/07 at 18:50:54
Quote Print Post  
Russ

I did pass you on the east side but we ended up fishing up the channel towards Coulon Park. I still can't remember the name of the point! Old age is a wonderful thing.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #10 - 07/14/07 at 13:12:38
Quote Print Post  
While I haven't been up there latley, it seems like in alot of the other lakes I've been fishing there is just a ton of baitfish this year and at this point food for them comes easy so there not chasing as much. Out at Clear lake (pierce co.) I saw a school of perch of 20 or so that was in 12 ft. of water. I tried to get them to take a dropshot and a crappie jig, they would follow it but wouldn't bite it. Maybe they are feeding at night.... Huh

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/14/07 at 16:37:20
Quote Print Post  
July has been good to me.  For my birthday my wife bought me a new camper.
Now I can go and camp out in style.  No more climbing in the back of my pick up.

Also Lake Washington has been fun fishing with to top water bite and docks.

I'm getting about 10-11 fish biggest 3.5 and a lot of 2.5's  So far a fun and sometimes hot summer.

BIll

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo