Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) ABA Silver This Weekend (Read 2838 times)
Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

ABA Silver This Weekend
06/29/07 at 14:42:04
Quote Print Post  
Just wondering if anyone was planning on fishing the ABA tournament on Silver either of the two days this weekend.  I'm not fishing it cuz i haven't been on the lake since the draw tourney in april but i'll look for you guys.  Good luck to any western guys fishing it.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: ABA Silver This Weekend
Reply #1 - 06/29/07 at 17:14:04
Quote Print Post  
How you and your girlfriend doing Joel ?   Grin  You know I had to say it.   Cheesy

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 06/29/07 at 18:26:25
Quote Print Post  
My partner & I are down there Joel.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #3 - 06/29/07 at 21:32:40
Quote Print Post  
OK Smitty just tell me where you want to meet so I can dump my fish in your livewell. I'll take half the winnings Wink.  Just Kidding but good luck, especially if your the only Western guy.  

Chris, it wasn't so much the girlfriend factor that kept me off the water so long, my weekends were so busy because I was getting ready to graduate and its not easy to be the class validictorian Smiley.  I just had a lot of commitments between work and school.  Stacey actually has been fishing since she was little, (Slimers) but she had a blast at the draw and she also hooked 4 or 5 fish and has been wanting to get back up to the lake.  And now I think I might actually fish the second day of the ABA tourney cuz I heard you could fish just one day if you wanted to. Huh  Can anyone confirm that for me?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 06/29/07 at 21:59:37
Quote Print Post  
Thats cool Joel.  I didn't think about the school priorities.  Sounds like you are doing good man.  I believe you can fish either days, but I'll let Smitty confirm.  Get out there and give it a try if you can !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #5 - 06/29/07 at 22:24:11
Quote Print Post  
I'm seriously considering it. My fishing partner has been on a trip all weak in California.  He's been fishing Clear Lake and Shasta, I was supposed to go but I have to work 50 hours a week Angry.  He'll be back some time on saturday so hopefully he's up for putting out some cash to fish sunday.

Here goes nothing!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 07/02/07 at 22:16:38
Quote Print Post  
Fishing was tough and not as good as we thought it would be, although not bad.  Everyone including the local guides felt that the storms on Friday night Smiley had spooked the fish.  Undecided
The best bite was in the mornings prior to 11.  Quality fish could be caught close to open banks or seawalls with rock bottoms on small crankbaits in green or chartreuse till about 9 AM.  We used an RC 1.5 until I broke the bill off,  Smileythen switched to a small Bandit with less than stellar results.  My partner caught the big fish on Saturday which put over $400.00 in our pockets Smiley and landed us in 7th.  
Sunday it started the same however the crankbait fish were not nearly as numerous. Smiley  We moved to pitchin black 1/2 oz jig and chunks and black w/blue flake 4" & 5" Senkos into very heavy cover.  We also caught a lot of small fish on a custom made white and black laminated tube that imitates a Crappie.  
We finished with about 11.5 lbs and in 4th place.  We caught numerous male fish who were on the beds in less than 2' of water.  In fact the big fish on Saturday that Larry nailed had a bloody tail and went 6.52. Smiley  That's a 2nd, 4th, 6th & 7th for four tournaments.  I'm satisfied----to a point. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 07/02/07 at 22:50:13
Quote Print Post  
Nice report Smitty.  You guys are doing great.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/03/07 at 04:07:09
Quote Print Post  
Seawalls? I didn't know Silver was on the coast Grin

Smitty,

Congrats, you guys are on a roll. Keep it going. Maybe you will get Angler of The Year.

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #9 - 07/03/07 at 14:07:35
Quote Print Post  
OK you got me!  The proper term is bulkheads not seawalls. Tongue 
At any rate the fish were very tight to those wall thingies in the early morning. Wink 
As far as Angler's of the Year, by our calculations we are in 3rd with two more tournies on LK WA. to go. Cool   
We can't afford to lose sight of our goal of winning the Nitro at the Tri- Cities Championship.  Won't that make Mark jealous? Grin Grin

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/03/07 at 14:30:54
Quote Print Post  
Not at all Smitty, it would be a nice step UP  Shocked from your stratos.   Just kidding,  glad you guys did well.  I hope to fish the Washington event  and to head to the championship as well, fishing for the same Nitro.

Mark

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #11 - 07/06/07 at 19:59:19
Quote Print Post  
Well they just posted the final results today and we didn't do as bad as I thought, but it still wasn't pretty! Sad  We finished in 7th out of 15 boats which isn't good by any means but like I said it was better than I thought.  I wanted to congradulate Smitty and his partner for a solid tournament both days and for kicking our butts on sunday  Embarrassed.  I liked the setup in these tournaments and the organization of American Bass so I'm going to try and fish more of these if I can squeeze them in with school.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo